When did your baby start to play?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
When did your baby start to play. My baby is only 6 weeks old and i feel as though wen he s awake i am not stimulating him enough (even though people tell me its far too early!) When did you buy your babys toys?...anything i can buy for his age?? x

At his age he won't be able to see colours as clearly as we do, but young babies like looking at things with bold black and white (or dark and light) patterns - you get a lot of mobiles with black and white shapes for them to look at, or you could try him in a baby gym with things hanging above him?

https://www.toddle-in.co.uk/images/toys/PICTURE%2010.JPG

They also LOVE to look at faces when they're very young, so just sitting with him and talking to him, singing, smiling etc should keep him entertained! :D x

When Seth is awake I usually put him in his bouncy chair or on his playmat. He usually bats the dangly things around a bit... the HV said that it might look as if he's doing it by accident, but he's not and his movements will be a bit more controlled in a few weeks so maybe try that?

xxx

Isis has been grabbing at stuff for the past month and half, she's so cute because you can see the concentration on her face of trying to move her hand to the object she's trying to touch.

I always catch her admiring her nails too, always has her hand in the air looking at the back of her hand like its the most coolest thing in the world :rofl: its quite adorable.

My MW said you can stick your tongue out and they will do it back. it is the only muscle they hve real control over at this point. i tried it and Bren loves this new game, he smiles, sticks his tongue out and coos at me.

I talk and sing to charlie alot but he does have a bouncer with a bar of toys on it which he stares at all the time and he hits them i also bought an extra toy you can grip it onto anything it hangs down its a orange elephant he allways holds on to it when hes in his bouncer, hes got a bright coloured dog teddy too that rattles but he keeps throwing out his bouncer haha im going to get him a play mat when i get paid and some more toys though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->