• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did your baby start wearing 12 month clothes?

jessicatunnel

Reaction score
My son is about to be 7 months and is wearing 9 month clothes comfortably. Now that stores are bringing out their fall and winter clothes, we went shopping and I got him quite a few 12 month clothes. Just to see, I tried them on him when we got home and they're huge! It starts getting cold here around November so that's about 2 months away. He will be 9 months. Do you think they will fit him then or still be too big? Just for reference he weighs about 18-19 pounds now (almost 7 months) and was 14 pounds at 4 months.

Hmm :/ my LO is 21lb and in 9-12 month clothing but he still has plenty of room in them. 12-18month clothes are huge on him at the minute. He's long and slim though, it's always the bagginess of clothes we have an issue with.

It definitely depends on the build of the baby and the brand of the clothes. Rio was in 9-12 months clothes from 8 months until now he is only just starting to wear 12-18 at 14 months. He is 25lbs and 98th percentile for height. (82cms) x

My 13month old is a little peanut and only just going into 9-12!!!

Agree with Kirsty, it's so varied by build, shape, weight etc of the baby.

:)

Depends on the brand. We mostly buy Carter's and Eliza was wearing 12 months in that brand by 9 months. Mostly in pants though. I think she started wearing 12 month leggings and shorts by 7 months. She was 97th percentile in height and weight though.

My dd was always in the next size up as she was really long, so at 7 months she'd have fitted in 9-12months shes evened out now though lol my ds is still in alot 3-6 months and would be hidden in 9-12 months lol every baby is different I dont even tqke notice of the upto 21lb etc on clothing as it has alot to do withlengh and shape as well.

We mainly buy carters too. He's in 9 months right now for tops and pants, though he can still wear 6 month sweat pants. Winter for us is usually November-February, so surely he will be able to fit in the 12 month clothes before the end of winter. It says on the tag for the 12 month clothes 20-24lbs. My daughter grew like a weed at this age and needed new clothes every couple of months. I guess all I can really do is wait and see.

Though I still want to hear from other people when their lo's went into 12 month sizing!

Edit: is 12 months the same as 9-12 or 12-18? Most of the clothes we get only have one number on them. We do have two onesies that are 6-9 that are definitely getting tight on him.

Sophie was in 12 month clothes at 11.5 months. She still wears some of it at 21 months especially stretch cotton t-shirts, some pants and some jerseys.

At 9 months she was 8.15kg and 67cm long. At 12 months she was 9.4kg and 72.5cm long. At 21 months she is 12kg and 82.5cm long. Not sure in pounds sorry. She around 75th centile for weight and 25thish in length at the moment.

12 month clothes can mean different things for different brands. Carters seems to mean 12 months on the dot for us. Pumpkin Patch 12-18 months runs small. Most places here it means 9-12 months I think.

My daughter has always been small but long; she started wearing 12 month clothes at 12 months, and even then they were a little big on her. They're just now fitting properly at 15 months. :)

Eek, getting a bit worried now, it seems the majority of your LO's didn't go into 12 month until around a year. But, I think I need to keep them because they're the next size up and I can't see Abram fitting in 9 months for the next 6 months!

To answer your other question, I think if it just says 12 months, then it means it's meant up to 12 months. Different clothes/styles/brands fit differently, so it's always a guessing game at what she can wear at any time!

If anything, you can put him in the clothes early and just let them be a bit big until he grows into them.

Thrift stores are amazing if you want to stock up on some baby clothes too, without spending too much money. I go on the first Saturday of the month to Goodwill and get them for $1. Perfect price for something she's only going to wear for a few months and most likely cover in food and dirt. :haha: You could buy some pieces that way to get you to when he fits in the new clothes.

To answer your other question, I think if it just says 12 months, then it means it's meant up to 12 months. Different clothes/styles/brands fit differently, so it's always a guessing game at what she can wear at any time!

If anything, you can put him in the clothes early and just let them be a bit big until he grows into them.

Thrift stores are amazing if you want to stock up on some baby clothes too, without spending too much money. I go on the first Saturday of the month to Goodwill and get them for $1. Perfect price for something she's only going to wear for a few months and most likely cover in food and dirt. :haha: You could buy some pieces that way to get you to when he fits in the new clothes.

Thanks for clearing that up! That's what I was thinking too.

What a great idea, we have a MASSIVE Goodwill here, so I need to go and check it out! I got a lot of sweaters and jackets, which will obviously be going over other clothes, so hopefully them being bigger will actually be a good thing.

What a great idea, we have a MASSIVE Goodwill here, so I need to go and check it out! I got a lot of sweaters and jackets, which will obviously be going over other clothes, so hopefully them being bigger will actually be a good thing.

Goodwill is a wonderful, wonderful place. I always geek out when I go shopping for her! They always have almost-new brand name clothes like Carter, and for a fraction of the price you'd pay in-store. This was one of my 9-12 and 12-18 month hauls; paid less than $50 for everything. :happydance: I definitely recommend a trip just to see what your store has! (even if you don't go on a sale day, it's only $1.99 a piece - plus it should be tax free)

Attachments

• 1796418_10153744010990058_914751243_n.jpg
    1796418_10153744010990058_914751243_n.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 4
My daughter wears 12 months clothing and she's 10 months now. She was weighed today and Shes 23 pounds. I think by November your LO will probably be in 12 months clothing.

Goodwill is a wonderful, wonderful place. I always geek out when I go shopping for her! They always have almost-new brand name clothes like Carter, and for a fraction of the price you'd pay in-store. This was one of my 9-12 and 12-18 month hauls; paid less than $50 for everything. :happydance: I definitely recommend a trip just to see what your store has! (even if you don't go on a sale day, it's only $1.99 a piece - plus it should be tax free)

Yep! You've sold me, I'm checking it out tomorrow!

My daughter wears 12 months clothing and she's 10 months now. She was weighed today and Shes 23 pounds. I think by November your LO will probably be in 12 months clothing.

Oh yay! I'm thinking so too, it's just really hard to imagine when they're so big on him now!

Our DS just started wearing 12mo clothes right around 10mo.

Ella went into 9-12mth clothes as she turned 11 months. She is quite short so they drowned her before.

Paige went into 9-12 at just before 9mths i think.

Ps. I dont mind clothes being a bit big/baggy. Its easy enough to rollup sleeves and legs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->