When did your baby start weight bearing on legs?

dippy dee

Reaction score
Hi this is probably going to sound paranoid but i need to get it off my chest, when did your baby start weight bearing? Harley is now 6 1/2 months old and was 5 weeks prem but will not put any weight on his legs esp his right leg i see other babies his age sitting and standing hith help but he does none of this and i am starting to worry now :cry: my mom and dh even my best friend has noticed so should i worry?
Thankyou for reading x

Hun I completly know what ur saying up until the otherday Morgan was like bambi with his legs! Then out of nowhere he jfst pulled himself up on the sofa!! He's 10 months so I don't think u have anything to worry about! X

Finn does but I noticed the other babies in my NCT group of the same age don't. So corrected your baba would be younger than them? I wouldnt worry.

I wouldn't worry hun they all develop at different stages, I know a girl who had her LO 14weeks early, he's now over 1 and only just crawling

Aww hugs Donna! Im sure Harleys just fine. they are all so so different, and he will do it when he's ready! :D Layla did it VERY early, like a month or so old, but she hates sitting/laying down so they just have different preferences I guess xxxxxxx

my LO has always done this, but isn't doing other stuff younger babies are. LO in work wasn't at about 11 months, so HV kept an eye, then all of a sudden like someone said, just started doing it ?
Does he have a standing toy/jumperoo/door swing or similar so he can feel his legs?

Byron chose to sit about 6 and a half months after attending a class with older babies. He has only recently (past couple of weeks) got into trying to stand and doesn't pull himself up or anything like that. He's not crawling at all.

Don't worry, your baby's probably playing a little bit of catch up anyway and they do thinks at really variable times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->