When did your cravings start? And what were they?

S

Serene123

TOMATOS!
Oh my god I can't stop eating anything tomato flavoured and I don't even particularly like them :| Anyone else been craving this early?

I've got a craving for tomatoes aswell, can't get enough of them :| I had a craving for coca cola in the beginning, and strawberries lol

I was craving coke too. I was worried but my midwife told me it's O.K. to drink it in moderation lol! Now I can't stop eating tomato's. Soup, sandwiches, anything! Weirddd

My MIL has been driving me crazy asking if I've had any cravings yet :rofl: and the answer has always been no for now

I had a craving for chicken and mashed potato lol

Bovril sandwiches from 11 wks and any form of orange drink!

Chinese Curry from around 30wks and lager from around 32 wks!!! :blush: BUT *drool*

Cheese and onion rolls from about 30 weeks, and Edam cheese near the end. One of my friends craved cheese and onion crisps. x

I absolutely craved Tomatoes with my first... The first trimester with this one I craved OJ (but it gave me diarreah TMI:blush:). So I didn't get to partake in that craving too much.

Now I crave "salad bar". I want the fresh veggies and lettuce and pasta salads that are on salad bars. (Don't forget the pickled stuff herring, olives, peppers etc.):dohh:

Thats odd - with this pregnancy and one I m/c'ed my cravings in the early weeks were tomatoes. Any kind - fresh, canned or even tomato juice at the pub!! Must be something about those tomatoes....

In my last pregnancy also I had a massive craving for tinned mackrel in the early weeks and for the past few weeks I haven't been able to stop eating chocolate digestives. If I haven't had one for a while it's such a relief the next time I have one.

frozen yellow peppers in a fruit salad mmmmm

Ooo I've been craving for awhile. At first it was ciabatta bread, then apples, now potatoes and chocolate. I don't even really like chocolate. :shrug:

I havnt really had any craving, which im gutted about haha, i had a few days where i really fancied mackeral in the tin with tomato sauce and i do still like tht its not a craving and then the past few days i have taken quite a liking to muller fruit corners but only the cherry one! and thts about it really :(

Bovril sandwiches from 11 wks and any form of orange drink!

Chinese Curry from around 30wks and lager from around 32 wks!!! :blush: BUT *drool*

Oh ive had this craving for lager for days now! I aint had any though but i shall when shes here!
I have craved galaxy choc yum i was eating it at 11 the other night and roast dinners yummy!
xx

Mint Choc Chip ice cream!
Although.. I say I'm craving it, maybe I just really really wanted it! lol
James had to go out really late the other day to Tesco to get me some! hehe
Also like other people, anything fresh, fresh fruit and veg which I have NEVER really liked I now can't get enough of. Especially apples!! Yum yum
:)
xx

Oh yeah, I went through an apple stage too!

Coco pops!!!! Went over to England to meet the in laws and I discovered coco pops cereals, now I can't stop eating it! Coco pops at 4 am = HEAVEN

We don't have coco pops in Montreal though, so hopefully this craving will go away before there is no boxes left!

i dont know if its a craving but ive got a thing for salt and vinagar crisps.
is it too early for cravings at 12 weeks?

i didnt have any cravings,,,, bit boring was looking forward to having some weird craving but then had none!

https://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ab69eb4bc0.jpg

The tomato is also an excellent source of vitamin C (one medium tomato provides 40% of the RDA) and a good source of vitamin A (20% of the RDA).

Your diet is important during pregnancy. The baby's health depends on you eating nutritional foods. Read about pregnancy nutrition guidelines... the recommended daily amount of 27 milligrams.Iron supplements are best absorbed if taken with foods rich in vitamin C, such as orange, grapefruit, or tomato juice...

During pregnancy a nutrient dense food intake is recommended in order to allow the fetus to develop to its full potential.

Before diving into nutrient requirements during pregnancy, it is important to understand that weight gain during pregnancy is important at the different stages of pregnancy.

During pregnancy the mother is encouraged to gain 3 Kg over the first 20 weeks and 0.5 Kg every week until term.

During the second trimester, much of the weight gained is used to increase the mother’s blood plasma volume and laying down of fat stores.

During the third trimester, weight gained is used to increase the weight of the fetus.

So therefore, an average of 10-13 kgs is required to be gained during pregnancy.

Folate

Folate is a vitamin needed for the formation of new body cells, therefore the amount needed in pregnancy is high. It is important to have a high folate intake for one month before you become pregnant and in the first three months of pregnancy, as this can help to prevent the baby being born with a neural tube defect such as spina bifida.

Folate is found in green leafy vegetables (cabbage, spinach), oranges, broccoli, cauliflower and many fruits. As folate is lost during cooking and processing fresh, raw fruits and vegetables are best. Other sources include yeast extracts and fortified breakfast cereals. Taking a 0.5 mg folic acid supplement is thought to be the most reliable method of getting enough Folate. Multivitamins may not contain enough folic acid and FeFol, a combination of iron and folic acid, is usually taken too late in pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects.

:hug::hug::hug:

Cravings are/have been:

ketchup
iceberg lettuce
bacon
chocolate chip muffins
caramel sauce for ice cream
cheese grill ems.. they're hotdogs, so disgusting HAHA.
crusty breads
garlic
tomato sauce/pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back