• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did your little ones stop with the bottles?

familygirl30

Reaction score
My 14 month old love his bottle and first thing when he wakes up and we go down stairs he wants it.Just wondering what age your little ones stopped esp the bedtime one? He has a bit of milk in a morning and a bedtime one.So not one that has it all the time,in the day time has water in a cup

12 months for daughter, but she has been all about real food since the beginning and loves her cups. Have you tried replacing the bottles with the no-spill cups?

My LO is 16 months and has a bottle of cows milk first thing in the morning and just before bed.

Once he turned 12 months I tried giving him milk with his sippy cup but he refuses to drink from that :shrug:

He will have his milk from a cup in the afternoon but bedtime and morn just wants his bottle.we move house next week so once we are settled think wil try and stop the morning one.Think the bedtime one will be harder to stop

Rio stopped having bottles of milk at 13 months. He only has milk in his breakfast now and the occasional cup at night with a biscuit. X

We stopped using bottles at around 13/14 months, but she still has milk in a cup. She usually only has it at bedtime (many kids continue with bedtime milk til 3 or 4), but occasionally has a cup of milk during the day as a snack, especially if she hasn't had much other dairy that day. They do need to continue to have dairy in their diets, but it doesn't have to all be milk, if you also offer cheese or yogurt. If you are trying to move on from bottles, we found that using straw cups for milk really helped.

My LO is 21 months and still has a bottle. We've tried every cup going I think. He simply hates them. He'll have a couple of sips if really thirsty, but for the most part refuses them completely. He either wants his baby bottle, or to drink from a proper glass, but he doesn't want mommy to hold it for him, so it goes everywhere. The other day I was adamant he was having a non spill cup and not a bottle. It got to about 3pm and he still hadn't drank a drop, so in the end I gave in and gave him his bottle back, and he drained it. He was obviously thirsty. For him it's a case of a bottle or he'll dehydrate, so for now I let him have a bottle.

16 months and I have no intention of stopping yet! He has 5 oz first thing in the morning and 8oz before bed. He drinks milk from his cup with breakfast and supper but nowhere near as much. I'm not worried about having to wean as he would sleep happily without it but it works for us at the moment - keeps him topped up over night, he's getting plenty of calcium and his eating is good so I'm not worried about him filling up on empty calories!

10 months, he wasn't fussed about milk and only had it twice a day by that point so I just swapped for sippy cups with breakfast and dinner. Now his dummy is another matter entirely :haha:

My lo still has a bottle at bedtime. Shes 12 months and no intention oc stopping it until she doesnt want it anymore. She has milk in hrt straw cup with her two snacks of the day and water with her meals. She usually has 9oz at bedtime.

Can't remember now but I remember the bedtime one got dropped all together! When it comes to this kind of thing all I think about is 'well, it's not like he's going to be drinking milk from a bottle at school!'. Who really cares as long as you're both happy :)

My oldest had a bottle and weaned down to just evening bottle by 20 months. Every baby is different though. My daughter never took to a bottle and same with my youngest (3 months ).

DS has been completely off bottles for a few weeks now. He will be 17 months in a few days. It was a slow process, starting with skipping the mid morning bottle and going down from 8oz to 6oz, to 4oz. It took a bit longer to get him off the afternoon bottle, but the morning bottle was easy, since I just switched the bottle for a sippy. I think we could have ditched the night bottle earlier, but it was routine, but it was great snuggle time.

My oldest is 2 and he still has a bottle. Gaaaaah.

Jade still has a bed time bottle. Not fussed about it at all, My other 2 just randomly dropped them when ready.

My DD is almost 2 and still has a bottle in the morning and at bedtime. She's progressively drinking less in the evenings and sometimes refuses it completely. But she is still happy to see the bottle.

My almost 17 month old has just dropped his bedtime bottle. He just has one bottle in the morning now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->