When did your LO drop their Nap?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Flower15, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Flower15

Flower15 Mum and Pregnant

My LO has always had a really good routine. Gets up at half 6, goes to bed at half 7 and used to nap for 2 hours from 12.30 to 2.30pm. She's fell into this pattern since 13 months. She is now 20 months and still getting up and going to bed at the same time, but shes suddenly dropped the nap since sunday! But then by 5 she is tired, grumpy and fussy and its too late for her to have one. Ive tried everything to get her to nap... leaving her in her cot, lying with her, Took her for long walks in her pram, but she just wont nap. Is this the average age to drop them? Im hoping its just a phase, shes groegous and funny but I needed that time to just have five minutes and to do some housework :) Any ideas would be great. Thanks. x

2. Pixie19

Pixie19 Mummy to Logan

Maybe she needs an earlier bedtime now with dropping the nap?
    Hopefully its just a phase. My 4 year old brother and 2 year old nephew still have at least 1 nap a day.

3. little_lady

little_lady Mum of two

I would say it's a phase. Isabelle has odd days where she doesn't want to nap, like she's built up enough sleep, but then she needs the nap back again after a couple of days. Just go with it and see what happens, you can always bring bedtime forward to 5 or 6pm.

4. CaptainMummy

CaptainMummy Well-Known Member

Paige still has around 2hours every day x

5. CantWaitToTTC

CantWaitToTTC Well-Known Member

Harry still has hour every day but my brother's daughter (same as Harry) dropped her nap a month ago...

6. Scoobys mummy

Scoobys mummy Well-Known Member

We are going through a will nap/won't nap phase at the minute. This week she napped mon and tues...none wed...nap yesterday...looks like none today. When she naps bed is 8/8:30...7 if she doesn't.

7. Maggs

Maggs Well-Known Member

We're having to start dropping his nap ourselves. He'd quite happily sleep but it's affecting his night sleep. So begrudgingly, we're probably going to slowly wean him off it.

8. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Just recently, so just a few months short of 3.