When did your LO drop their Nap?

Flower15

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
My LO has always had a really good routine. Gets up at half 6, goes to bed at half 7 and used to nap for 2 hours from 12.30 to 2.30pm. She's fell into this pattern since 13 months. She is now 20 months and still getting up and going to bed at the same time, but shes suddenly dropped the nap since sunday! But then by 5 she is tired, grumpy and fussy and its too late for her to have one. Ive tried everything to get her to nap... leaving her in her cot, lying with her, Took her for long walks in her pram, but she just wont nap. Is this the average age to drop them? Im hoping its just a phase, shes groegous and funny but I needed that time to just have five minutes and to do some housework :) Any ideas would be great. Thanks. x

Maybe she needs an earlier bedtime now with dropping the nap?
Hopefully its just a phase. My 4 year old brother and 2 year old nephew still have at least 1 nap a day.

I would say it's a phase. Isabelle has odd days where she doesn't want to nap, like she's built up enough sleep, but then she needs the nap back again after a couple of days. Just go with it and see what happens, you can always bring bedtime forward to 5 or 6pm.

Harry still has hour every day but my brother's daughter (same as Harry) dropped her nap a month ago...

We are going through a will nap/won't nap phase at the minute. This week she napped mon and tues...none wed...nap yesterday...looks like none today. When she naps bed is 8/8:30...7 if she doesn't.

We're having to start dropping his nap ourselves. He'd quite happily sleep but it's affecting his night sleep. So begrudgingly, we're probably going to slowly wean him off it.

Just recently, so just a few months short of 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->