When did your midwife book your home birth?

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
When did your midwife book your home birth?

She faxed off paper work to the hb team when I told her I wanted a hb at 28weeks although they never got it so she rang them at 32 week appointment. Xx

I'm pretty sure mine is trying to fob me off until it's too late lol

At the home visit at 36 week after viewing my house and telling me I could home birth at 37 weeks. She delivered the kit the next day.

8 weeks she noted in my notes and checked again at 29 weeks. I will have a home visit at 36 weeks. I know they've taken notice as I have a copy of a peadiatric alert which says they are aware I'll need baby to have a hip assesment as an outpatient if baby is born at home as requested.

12 weeks, but there was no discussion about it or anything till about the 36 week mark.

I'm in the US so I have to hire the MW. I hired her before I became pregnant.

It was written in my notes from booking in and my care got transferred to a HB specific mw. She said that they will do a home visit and allow me to homebirth after 38 weeks but there hasnt been much discussion about it yet.

It's never too late so don't worry yourself too much :) technically you can inform them when youre in labour ;)

its been discussed but they wont do home assessment and waste time talking bout it till im 36 weeks

i notified them at 28 weeks but was told to raise it at my next appointment at 34 weeks as the MW was only a relief MW. she couldnt "book" anything in her position.

I didnt mention mine until 34 weeks and had my home visit at 36 weeks x

Just notice you're 37 weeks Lou, close now! How exciting! Let us know how your HB goes.

What do people do about preparing for any mess? My other half will go mad if I get fluid or blood on the carpet! :haha: I've heard about stitching shower curtains to sheets?!

Just notice you're 37 weeks Lou, close now! How exciting! Let us know how your HB goes.

What do people do about preparing for any mess? My other half will go mad if I get fluid or blood on the carpet! :haha: I've heard about stitching shower curtains to sheets?!

Im so so ready to give birth now :haha::haha:

I was given a leaflet from midwife about what to get and what to do:
Youll need a Torch, lamp (if they need to stitch you up :wacko:) Plastic sheeting we got from b&q, old towels, bucket to messy towels in and lots of tea and coffee - oh and we got some bacon in to make bacon butties for midwife and choc cookies :haha:

Aw bless ya! lol sounds so funny, tarpaulin, bucket, old towels! :haha: I cringed when you said stitch!

I'm hoping my DH will be making ME bacon butties too! I've got a hell of an appetite and know I'll be thinking about food during labour :wacko: very kind of you to think of sustaining the midwives! :flower:

yep only thing the MW did say about HB was make sure u get the tea in and plenty of biscuits - which i have but i have to hide them so i dont crack them open lol.

same here - i bought some yummy chocolate chip cookies for the midwives but the evil cookies want me to eat them now. Im thinking i may need to buy another packet before i go into labour :haha::haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->