When did your preemie start sttn?

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
Hi all,

As Alex is now 17 weeks I thought he may start sttn if I feed him a little more in the day but just wondered if preemies start sttn at around their corrected or actual age?

michael was a nightmare, he was waking every 3 hours up until one night when he was about 8-9 months actual age that he just slept thru...we were so shocked wen we woke up!

Lydia was a frequent night waker with no real pattern (anything from 2 - 6 hours max at a time) until recently. At about 7 months actual, 5 corrected when she was on 3 meals a day she started sleeping 8 - 5ish one small feed then slept til between 7 and 8. She still has occassional unsettled nights but something seems to has clicked now she's on solids

I think all babies, not just preemies, vary massively. My LO is now 11 months old, 7 months corrected, and he has recently had a few nights of sleeping through. So many things can go wrong in a few months time like growth spurts, weaning, teething etc etc that they may do it for a few days then not, then change again. I wouldn't worry about it, do what you feel is best to get you and LO the most sleep possible. I find that sttn is one of those big things like hitting milestones etc that people talk about constantly and ask you about and try to get perfect, but as long as you and your little family is happy, anything goes.

Matthew slept thru from 12 weeks actual, had hoped Daniel would be similar but do far no luck he's 13 weeks actual but a bit colicky moved him onto aptamil comfort on fri anduch better so I think once that all settles hope he goes thru x

Jamie sttn from around 5 months corrected, once I figured out that if I woke him up at 10pm for a bottle he would go through til 6-7am. Jonny has done quite a few 10pm-6am sleep throughs already which is probably more luck than anything else at the age he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->