When do I expect a period?

kirsty2376

Reaction score
Hi, I had a section 23rd January, bled for about 3-4 weeks. When should i expect my periods to start??

Hi I had a section on the 15th January, and I had my postnatal check yesterday. I bled for 4-5 weeks on and off then a break then another bout of bleeding that was really dark brown which has now stopped. I thought I havent had my period yet but hubby thought my mood has changed quite dramatically, as in more PMS mood rather than pregnancy hormones mood. I had a word with my nurse and she said I probably have had a period however due to having a section my cycles may change to what I am used to as a 'normal' period.
So typically even if you don't realise it you have your period before your postnatal check but everyone is different.

Hi hun, I had my section on 4th December, bled for 3 weks, went on the depo injection on the 6th feb and still came on my period 3 days ago. Its quite heavy but then again they were before too! xxx

Very strange that i suddenly thought about periods before posting this as it had not even crossed my mind until then, the next morning - i came on my period LOL, thanks for your help x

After mine I bleed for probably only 2 weeks and I had my period about 6 weeks after. I think it either ended just before my 6 weeks check up which was more like 7 weeks.

i take it your not breast feeding? i had my section 26/09/2011 and still no period. its lovely!

Are you breastfeeding? My periods didn't return for 9 months after as that's when I cut down the feeds. Not sure if you're bottle feeding.

probably good to ask your GYN this one as every woman I have talked to about this is different from 4 to 8 weeks or even less

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->