When do I go to the Dr?

Rheaz

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I am not yet 5weeks pregnant with my first.
I am having dull af like cramps, which have been like that since my af was due, and I thought, and still do, that it feels like it could come any moment!
I am trying to be relaxed about this and know that, sometimes good things happen and sometimes bad things do.
I want to be as positive as possible but also just give myself over to the experience.
If my beanie can stick, it will, if my beanie can't, it will not.
But what I am wondering is, when should I go to the Dr?
I only found out 2 days ago, and my mother is one of those who thinks you do nothing until you're about 6 weeks, she is old school I guess.
So I was going to wait until at least next week - 5 weeks - and then go to have some blood tests etc to get HCG levels tested.
Is this the best way to go?
Is it okay to wait until then?
Sorry for so many questions - a true newb!
xx

My first appointment is scheduled for 8 weeks. Your symptoms sound normal! Congratulations!

I went and saw my GP about four days after my BFP (would have only been about 5wks along) and she ordered some blood tests and gave me a referral to an ob. I see the ob for the first time at 10 weeks. I only waited those couple of days cause I got my BFP on 31/12 and then there was the weekend and the public holiday.

Make an appt to see your GP when you feel ready. I had similar symptoms of cramping. congrats.

Your symptoms sound normal. My first appointment was at 5 weeks 4 days. They basically confirmed the pregnancy with a pregnancy test, bloodwork, and an exam. It took me a week to get that appointment. Call your doctor's office and they will guide you.

Congrats! The cramping it very normal. I still have cramping occasionally at 7 weeks! I called my doctor right away and saw her at about 5 weeks. You could always call your office and see what they suggest.

Call your Gyno, they will tell you when they want to see you.

my first app is at about 9 weeks. there going to do the ultrasound to give me some dates and probly just talk about things but it was already confirmed by a nurses visit at my docs

hi whn i found out i went to the docs who told me to call for midwife apt so i called and i have an apt with her when im 7 weeks :) xx

I am booked in at the doc's at 6+1, not sure when I will see midwife. As far as I know they don't check HCG levels unless you have any probs, but guess each Doctors and Country has different procedures

Hey :)

I was going to wait too, but i plucked the courage to ring the Doctors last week lol.
I told the receptionist that i'd found out i was pregnant, and should i book in with the doc or midwife. She's booked me in to see the midwife today :D

Just ask the receptionist who would be best to book an appointment with. You'll feel tons better when you've done that, and you'll have something to look forward to xx

Hi ladies
Thank you SO much for your replies!
I like chatting to those who have "been there done that" and also the newbies like me!
I have one other question, I am really active, I mean, I don't lift weights or anything, but I don't rest much each day...you can still do most things in the first tri, right?
I am trying not to overobsess, but don't want to be an idiot about it either!
xx

Hi - i phoned my GP and explained it was my first, she said come in ( i will be 5 weeks, 3 days then) and they can get the midwife referral set up.
I am having exactly the same symptoms as you - af cramping constantly and i am also incredibly nauseous, unable to eat as feel so sick and panicking as i dont know what is normal and how much pain is not normal, but no bleeding so think it is all fine.

give your gp a call in the morning, explain about the cramps and i bet they will see you this week
xx

ps = my mother said the same about waiting till 6 weeks, but dont forget, in their days, they didnt even get positive tests until up to 16 weeks as they just werent sensitive then, so it is different now i think
x

Best to speak to your doctor about exercising etc. I think most things are fine especially if you are already doing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->