When do I take it?

RoyalPython

Reaction score
I know its a long time till I TTC, but was just wondering when should I start taking all the vitamins and folic?

Im sorting out my diet atm then sorting out smokes and the coffee and teas, but when should I actually start the vits etc? On google there is SO many mixed advice its confusing!!

Thankyou :) xx

Someone told me to start taking them 3months before ttc but I don't think there is any hard and fast rule and as long as you are taking them before I don't think the timing makes much difference.

Well they won't hurt you if you take them "too early", so if you can get some cheapy ones then you might as well get in the habbit of taking them. You'll benefit from them anyway and if you should have a surprise along the way, you'll be covered as well. Sainsbury's are going a multi vit + mineral for £1 for 30 I think at the moment and you can get about 2 months worth of folic acid for about £2 if you buy Tesco's own brand. Just remember that when you're pregnant you shouldn't be taking a multi vit that contains Vitamin A.

Thats so good! Might look into it actually go Tesco some time this week :)

Honestly, at least here in the USA, food doesn't equal food anymore. By that I mean that nowadays a lot of the food that we eat consists of chemicals and lots of sugar, rather than nutrients. Therefore DH and I have been taking vitamins and supplements for years now and have found that our immune system has improved massively.

In short, it never hurts to take supplements, even if you don't necessarily "need" it ;)

Yeah good value....might go get some myself

Mhm though I tend not to trust cheapies that muccch.:blush:

Honestly - Boots own brand Folic Acid is just as good as the fancier packaged TTC brands. The normal advice is to start taking FA three months before, but there is evidence to show that taking FA for a year before can decrease the risk of miscarriage. So for the sake of one little tablet a day, its worth it!

Yeah good value....might go get some myself

Mhm though I tend not to trust cheapies that muccch.:blush:

Honestly - Boots own brand Folic Acid is just as good as the fancier packaged TTC brands. The normal advice is to start taking FA three months before, but there is evidence to show that taking FA for a year before can decrease the risk of miscarriage. So for the sake of one little tablet a day, its worth it!

Oooh. Might start taking them soon then, Im petrified of having a misscarrige after my Chem Preg. :cry:

"All women of child bearing age should take prenatal vitamins since half of the pregnancies in the US are unplanned"

I just started taking prenatals, CVS brand of "one a day" ..it's with DHA.
We're NTNP so we could get pregnant, so Im taking vitamins since I want the best for my child & me.

As someone else said before me, I dont think you can get all your daily vitamins out of food anymore, so a supplement can't hurt.
And with alot of vitamins , your body flushes the remains out in your pee.
Good luck!

"All women of child bearing age should take prenatal vitamins since half of the pregnancies in the US are unplanned"

I just started taking prenatals, CVS brand of "one a day" ..it's with DHA.
We're NTNP so we could get pregnant, so Im taking vitamins since I want the best for my child & me.

As someone else said before me, I dont think you can get all your daily vitamins out of food anymore, so a supplement can't hurt.
And with alot of vitamins , your body flushes the remains out in your pee.
Good luck!

Thankyou :) I will take a stroll down to the shopping center this week and look at prices etc. Any that anyone reccomends? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->