when do you clean lo's teeth?

LPF

Reaction score
My dentist said once he's got 2 or more teeth to start cleaning them. The second has just popped through so i'm wondering when the best time is?

Ideally after the last bottle before bed is normal as they grow up but lo is still in that 'desperatly needs bath/bottle/bed in a darkened room with no interacton or I won't go to sleep' phase!!!

What do you do?

We do his 2 while he's in the bath - we either just wipe them with cotton wool or brush them gently with a baby toothbrush. No paste obviously. That should be enough to get any food remnants off before he has his bottle and bed.

I use a Mam oral care rabbit thing to wipe over his teeth before his night time bottle xx

I have this problem too - we have the same routine as you. We do LO's before his last bottle, once he's got his PJs on.
We try to do them in the morning too, but I always forget :(.
xx

my LO is the same after his bottle its bed time, any other interaction and it becomes play time.

I brush his teeth after his first bottle and breakfast in the morning (while hes in the highchair) and after his dinner in the evening (and while hes in the bath if its bath night) so before his bed time bottle.

I started about a week before her first 2 popped through (they came in a day apart). Now I brush them twice a day, after breakfast and dinner. She mostly just wants to eat the brush and suck the toothpaste out :haha:

I do it after breakfast and dinner. Zak will take the toothbrush and chew it for a bit then he will let me take it and brush his teeth.

On bath nights i let him do it after i get him out while im drying him.

He hated it at first but now we let him have it first hes fine. He will also do it if i brush mine at the same time.

So should I be starting this now my lo has 2 teeth?

I do it after breakfast and dinner. Zak will take the toothbrush and chew it for a bit then he will let me take it and brush his teeth.

On bath nights i let him do it after i get him out while im drying him.

He hated it at first but now we let him have it first hes fine. He will also do it if i brush mine at the same time.

I noticed my LO is more encouraged to do her teeth when I brush mine too, except she wants to use my electric toothbrush :haha: Think it will be a really good way to encourage her to brush her teeth when she's old enough to do it herself though!

I've been cleaning Bella's gums since she was born and then brushing when she got her teeth. She's got 4 teeth and 4 more coming in right now. I brush them twice a day. Once in the morning after she eats her breakfast and then again after her last meal of the night.

i started cleaning chloes as soon as they first started to appear, to begin with we just used a muslin with a tiny dab of toothpaste and wiped them, now we use a brush. chloe also likes bottle then bed so we do it before the bottle and then in the morning after her first bottle

We do his 2 while he's in the bath - we either just wipe them with cotton wool or brush them gently with a baby toothbrush. No paste obviously. That should be enough to get any food remnants off before he has his bottle and bed.

sorry im confused, why is it obvious not to use paste? just ive never heard of that :shrug:

sorry im confused, why is it obvious not to use paste? just ive never heard of that :shrug:

Babies are not supposed to have regular toothpaste because of the fluoride in it. There is special toothpaste they make for babies that doesn't have it in.

Babies are not supposed to have regular toothpaste because of the fluoride in it. There is special toothpaste they make for babies that doesn't have it in.

yeah i know that, we have baby toothpaste, although it still has fluoride in it just a lower amount than adults toothpaste but the pp said to not use paste, so now im confused as to why they make baby ones unless she just meant adult ones:shrug:

yeah i know that, we have baby toothpaste, although it still has fluoride in it just a lower amount than adults toothpaste but the pp said to not use paste, so now im confused as to why they make baby ones unless she just meant adult ones:shrug:

I'm not sure. The baby ones that I get say No Fluoride right on the tube.

my hv said that normal paste is fine as lond as it isnt total or whitening or anything x

hmmm...from what i've read on the tubes they all have it in here, maybe its a difference due to being in different countries or ive completely missed a no fluoride one:dohh:, not sure though:shrug:

hmmm...from what i've read on the tubes they all have it in here, maybe its a difference due to being in different countries or ive completely missed a no fluoride one:dohh:, not sure though:shrug:

Baby toothpaste have 1000ppm fluoride and a gentle mint/sweet, adult has 1200ppm a stronger mint and stronger cleaning. Whether or not to use a type with fluoride depends on if there's fluoride in the water in your area, I've noticed areas with fluoridated water sell fluoride free baby toothpaste and vis versa.

I brush Aliyah's after her breakfast and then while shes in the bath or as soon as she gets out

We do it at bedtime. We were always told not to do it straight after food or drink, but to wait about 30 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->