When do you get your period after a c-section?

_jellybean_

Reaction score
Wondering about that...I'm 5 weeks PP, and wondering if it is coming soon b/c I'm in a ROTTEN mood.

Also, when can I begin TTC? Is 6 months after section too soon?

Mine returned at 10.5 months PP - probably delayed by breastfeeding.

I wasn't told to wait before TTC so can't help with that I'm afraid. Although we haven't got plans to try any time soon. :flower:

I've read that it is suggested to wait 18-24 months before grtting pregnant again after a section. Obviously there are people who don't and are fine, I just think its the stress it can put your scar under x x

I got mine back at 8 months PP, but I was breastfeeding.

I was advised to wait at least one year before TTC.

i had baby by emergency section t end of july and when he was 8 weeks old i got the dreaded period i wasnt breast feeding i was adv 12-18 moth before giving birth but bear in mind a preg nancy is 9 month we said we gonna ttc in end april but not like trying desperately just take it easy and see what hapens as i got stressed out to hel last time lol

I got my period this morning (so 30 days after c-section/FF-feeding, tho), but my cycles were erratic pre-pregnancy (discovered underactive thyroid and the month before getting pregnant, had a perfect 28 cycle, then preggo), so I am interested to see when the next one comes!

It is not as heavy as an ordinary pre-pregnancy one so far (I am positive it is a period and not lingering lochia as had bleed from that for about three weeks and last week, nothing) and....craving chocolate, slightly tearful and had an upset tummy last night and when AF arrived in the middle of the night, the 'eureka' moment came!

We're not trying for another one nor considering at the moment (I was told post c-section to try to take a good year before trying again to help your body recover as much as possible); I am 44 and my LO was a bit of a 'miracle', so don't know if I would/could get lucky again at 45 (obviously, if it happens, fantastic!)....besides, too tired at the moment to even consider sex (and thinking about birth control? We'd been trying for over three years!)

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"