when do you get your period after a laparoscopy?

cnsweeney

Reaction score
hi all! I had a lap done on December 3rd (which ironically is the day I would typically ovulate) I was due for af on dec 18th and I it is now the 20th. I am never late so I took a test just to be sure and it was a bfn. we had sex the day before the lap and 6 days after the lap. I asked the doc and she said surgery can mess up your cycle a bit. I've looked online and am not finding much info. we are ttc so I'm just trying to guesstimate when to expect af. anyone ever have this procedure or issue? thanks;)

Hey cnsweeney!
I had a laparoscopy done last december, and I missed my next cycle after that. My second cycle was really light, and then my third cycle seemed to be back to normal. However, I also started lupron injections (to slow any further endo growth) about a month after the surgery. I only did 2 or 3 injections, because I couldn't handle the side-effects. I am not sure if I ever ovulated during the first two months- I just know I was so pleased that the laparoscopy helped SO much with the pain I experienced from endometriosis prior to the surgery.

From my own perspective, it seems like what you are experiencing is normal. It may be difficult to TTC the first month, but I have heard after that is after that it significantly increases your chance of conception. So if you are TTC, I think you will be in luck soon :)

I should have also mentioned, I was not personally TTC after my surgery, so I don't know how fertile I was. :)

thanks! yeah so far the lap has helped a lot! no more pain! they only discovered minor endo so I don't think I'll need the Lupron as of yet. my main issue was a hemmoragic cyst on my right ovary that was causing horrible pain so they removed it. plus that same ovary and cyst were attached to my pelvic wall (ouch). so now I'm all better and healed and just waiting for af! I'll be patient because I know stress will only prolong it more. lol. I just can't wait for it to come and go so we can get our bfp hopefully soon!:) I've had some mild cramping here and there like its coming and some serious mood swings! (poor dh) haha. and I noticed some very very light spotting in my underwear about 2 days ago and today and yesterday when I go to the bathroom in the morning there is a very light hint of spotting on the tissue paper but hardly noticeable. def. different for me lol . but I will update as I progress.. this isn't discussed much online so if I can help others than that's great. thanks for your input!

well I got my period today and let me tell you it is no joke! very heavy & painful. probably one of my worst periods yet. changing tampons like every hour or less. wearing a pad along with it which also gets soaked (I'm sorry tmi!) and I've taken 6 Advil in the past 8 hrs for these painful cramps! is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->