when do you have first midwife appointment?

Northernmonke

Reaction score
Hi I am 5 weeks and 2 days PG through private IVF I am going for a private scan when I am 6 weeks and 1 day. After that I will be with NHS as with a 'normal' pregnancy. What is the process and when do you see a midwife? x

I went to my GP at just over 4 weeks (i found out at 3w+4) and the earliest they would see me for Midwife booking in was 8weeks+1 but i rescheduled to 9+0

My first scan is at 12+2 :)

Next time i see MW is at 16 weeks x

Thanks for that, I don't really know what to expect and still very worried that I won't get that far x

Well I told my doctor because I'm supposed to get a hep B jab with work and I needed a postponement note that didn't state pregnancy. Don't want them to know yet.

He gave me a pack with a number to ring when I was 7+ weeks. First scan and appointment booked for the 28th, ummm 10+6 :).

Xx

Thanks, I have requested a Dr change as he hasn't been helpful at all before the bfp and now after he would only give me 1 week or cyclogest which meant I had to re order every 3 days! I asked for 4 boxes so one month and said I was 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and he just wrote the prescription for 1 week again. After 2ing and throwing with the receptionist he finally said a month. But he didnt want to do it as they are 'expensive' I was like my baby (s) can miscarry if I dont have these ffs! so hence asking to see a nother Dr that is more sensitive x

Its going to depend where you are from.

I saw midwife for first time at 8 weeks. First and only scan at 20 weeks.

Wow no scan until 20 weeks!!! I am going crazy waiting until 6 weeks! x

yah...no medical reason for one. My dates are set so no dating scan. I am not high risk. I had a previous miscarriage but it was natural. Didn't want any special testing.

Yah...so just the anomaly scan.

Suppose they never had scans in the old days, theres not much that been natural about my journey so I will take as many scans as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->