When do you have GBS test?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
My MW said she will do my GBS test at my next appointment, which due to the holidays will be right when I hit 35 weeks. I'm wondering if this is too early. I think she was planning that my next appointment would be after the new years (so I would be into my 36th week) but because of the schedule, they have my next appointment a week earlier. Should I request she waits until the following appointment to do it? I'm worried if it's too early I might be negative but then positive at the birth?

I had mine at 36 weeks and it was negative. I don't really know that it matters. I've heard your test result can change but if that's the case then you could test negative at 38 weeks and then test positive at 39. Not sure. Sorry

My MW said she will do my GBS test at my next appointment, which due to the holidays will be right when I hit 35 weeks. I'm wondering if this is too early. I think she was planning that my next appointment would be after the new years (so I would be into my 36th week) but because of the schedule, they have my next appointment a week earlier. Should I request she waits until the following appointment to do it? I'm worried if it's too early I might be negative but then positive at the birth?

Not too early. 35 wks is usually the norm as far as the earliest when they do it. I was about 35 wks and a few days. You'll be fine.

They were supposed to do my test yesterday but were too busy and short staffed, so I will get it done next week. The later the test, I would imagine the more accurate the result, however I know it changes. I was supposed to have antibiotics because I tested positive with my last pregnancy, however my labour and delivery took 2 hours so they didn't have time. They are supposed to give you antibiotics 4 hours before labour. Everything turned out fine, no extra needles or extra healthcare. I was tested at 35 weeks last time and went 10 days overdue, so I am guessing I didn't have it when I had my baby.

mine is scheduled when i am 28 weeks. ?

do mean GBS (group b strep) or GTT (glucose tolerance test)
both are usually given. The gtt is for gestational diabetes (usually given between 26-28 weeks) and gbs is to determine if you need antibiotics at birth (usually given between 35-38weeks depending on individual history of delivery)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->