when do you plan to start buying things for baby? what will you buy/already bought

miracleworker

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

am curious to know, when are you ladies planning to start buying things for the new born and do you have a list or you just go randomlY?
I wanna start buying but i dont wanna go over board and buy things i will not use.

I will probably start buying after my 20 week scan only because I want to find out the sex first. I have already bought a perfect prep machine as it was to good a price to not buy

We got little clothes here and there starting at 13 weeks because we have had 6 previous losses. Now that we will be 20 weeks we have decided to walk in faith and have bought a stroller/car seat combo. We've been given a crib and other things. So quite a bit now.

I started buying a few bits after the 20 week scan, I still need to get DS's old stuff down from the loft and sort through what else we need. I'm much less organised this time than I was last time. I'll start sorting the bigger things when I hit third tri.

Some things I will buy just before baby arrives to maximise the warranty/lifetime of the item, like a monitor, maybe new breast pump and car seat.
We've got all the clothes we could want from previous kids but I've bought the odd thing here and there anyway. All that's left really is a crib and new mattress which we'll get nearer the time as well, in case we need baby's room as a guest room eg for Christmas.

with my first son, I bought all the bigger items gender neutral so it could be reused with future babies as well. I started scoping things out and buying them fairly early on, just cause I don't want to have to buy everything at the end... its easier to spread out the big purchases over time. After I knew the gender I started buying boy clothes and blankets and décor... but the swings and high chairs n carseats..cribs... everything that can be used again is gender neutral.

Now with number two... all I need is a double stroller and everyday items like diapers and replacement breast pump stuff... and if its a girl ill need some girl clothes. If its another boy I will probably just reuse my sons clothes

We probably will buy a little outfit after the 20 week scan just to celebrate as we have done with our previous children, but this time wont be buying else anything till next year about 8 weeks before baby due as we got wedding, birthdays and Christmas etc to pay out for first.

We've already started. Just watching for good sales. I found a play yard at a fantastic deal in great condition at a second hand baby sale and we got a crib on sale. Hubby picked up a portable high chair and we are currently watching sales for our top picks on strollers and car seats.

As far as smaller things, like clothing, blankets etc. We will wait until we know the gender. Plus my mom wants to throw me a baby sprinkle so we will wait to buy those things after in case someone chooses to buy for us!

This our second baby so we have a good idea what items we used and what were pure novelty and we didn't use *cough bumbo chair*cough lol.

Unfortunately we thought we would be unable to have more children so we got rid of everything! I'll be a wee upset if its a girl because I gave away a ton of beautiful and adorable baby girl clothes!

We have most clothes we need for newborn and a bouncy chair. Other than that we haven't bought anything else yet.. will probably get to last few weeks and start panicking lol

I bought and have been given a few things for baby already.
We knew gender via blood test at 14 weeks so picked up a bag of used boy clothes and onesies. Got a change table, bassinet, jumpy things and floor thing with lights. We picked up the stroller for free by using some air miles pontes. Will be waiting closer to due date for Xmas sales for crib or anything else larger or more expensive after the baby shower.

I gave away all my boy stuff because we were done having babies. I still have all my daughters stuff. Surprise baby is a boy of course haha. So I need to buy clothing! Also need a new car seat since our last one expired. Sold our swing and jumper. Luckily we still have the bigger things like Crib change table etc. Also want to paint the room this baby will have to share with DD!!

I've had to start from scratch as my youngest is 6! I usually only buy an outfit after my 20 week scan and the bigger things after 30 weeks but yesterday I bought my pushchair plus my mum has gifted us a troll bedside crib which I had my eye on, I'm going to hold out buying anything more unless it's a good deal.

So far we have allowed our little girl to choose 1 outfit, a blanket and a soft toy. Just to keep her involved. We will start buying things sometime after the 20 week scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->