When do you see your doctor

emdeb

Mummy to Aiden
Reaction score
I did 3 tests last week which all came out positive so I rang the doctors presuming I would need to go for them to confirm it. Oh no, i'm not to ring up until I am at leat 8 weeks and only then will they make an appointment for me to see the midwife. I have been on all the forums and NHS website for the dos and donts during this time but I would have this would have been the most important time to get all the key information from the doctor. Is this the norm???

Thanx Em x

I did 3 tests last week which all came out positive so I rang the doctors presuming I would need to go for them to confirm it. Oh no, i'm not to ring up until I am at leat 8 weeks and only then will they make an appointment for me to see the midwife. I have been on all the forums and NHS website for the dos and donts during this time but I would have this would have been the most important time to get all the key information from the doctor. Is this the norm???

Thanx Em x

congrats:happydance:. i found out i was pregnant on thursday so i phoned them friday morning they said i didnt need to see the doctor but i have got an oppointemt friday to see the midwife. they never asked how many weeks i was or nothing.

I'm finding it's like that here as well, and I'm in total disagreement about it! But I guess there's not much we can do. When I went into my appt at 6+ weeks they were kind of looking at me like...why are you here now? But the doctor did his thing anyway. I think sometimes you have to be a little persistent!

I was told to phone them back when I was 8 weeks, so I did! & I got the biggest gasp from the receptionist. She couldn't believe that I hadn't seen my midwife yet! So im not too sure about this one.
There's not a lot you can do if they dont want to see you. :(

I had to have an emergency booking in appointment at the hospital last Friday, which included a scan. Even then the nurses at the hospital wouldn't take my blood so I now have to go and see my midwife next wednesday so she can do all the necessary stuff!!

The nhs is crap haa! xx

I found out last tuesday and after bloods confirming it friday I have an appointment with the dr tonight, not sure what he will do..it was a blur but I think it's so get all my details taken and passed on to the midwife for her to organise my scan etc.

I was seen at about 6 weeks with all of my pregnancies so I dont see why it should be any different.

I hope you get it sorted, it's not right to keep you hanging on.

I havent seen a doctor either. From what i gather its different procedures in different areas's & PCT's. I tried to make an appointment with the Dr but the receptionist told me that I just had to take in a urine sample to be tested & they would go from there. When i went in to get the results (they wont give them over the phone) & she told me it was positive she then made me an appointment with the MW, she also asked if i was over 7 weeks.

Thanx for all the help. I think it must be our area as we have just changed doctors as it made more sense but they are the same. I've just got to wait now until the new year for my appointment and hope nothing goes wrong over christmas.

Im pregnant with #2 and i phoned the doctor when i was 4 weeks and 1 day and she told me that she didnt have to see me until i was 12 weeks. :( Sort of dissappointing but im hoping this is a good thing, as i had no complications with my 1st, apart from 2 bad kidney infections. :D

Doc doesn't need to see you in my area but they just book you a booking in appt with midwife when you are between 8-10 weeks. They take your word for it because their test is not even as sensitive as a shop bought one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->