• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When do you start planning for Christmas?

I start planning financially early on and try and put a bit of money aside and then start shopping around september.

Usually i'm half done by now, we just had a baby though! so this year i have left it until later to start it, although i'm not really sure about it all this year; in the sense that i have this nagging feeling that i'm buying for the sake of it and i'm not really doing anything besides spoiling them :/ They have so much stuff due to us going so overboard in the past, that i literally have to sit and think about things they would want/like. Also because of the age gaps everything gets handed down and our newbie doesn't really need a thing. Not if i'm being honest with myself :/
Makes me sad; as i obviously love to shop! haha.

I actually asked the oldest want he would think he would like for xmas this year "ohh er i dno, i suppose i could get some more playmobil, but i'm already out of space for the bits i have" :/
ughhhh.

I try to buy for family/friends throughout the year to spread the cost a bit, then I'll start for Lucas maybe September-October time. Reason being he changes SO MUCH in such little time. His birthday was in May and he was so hooked on Toy Story he asked for all the toys, had a Toy Story party... by June he'd forgotten about Toy Story :wacko:
I know especially once he starts his new year at school there'll be a new craze he's into. I'll wait til it's as near as possible.

By now I usually have an idea of what I will be getting the boys but this year I dont have a clue :shrug: Dan will be almost 19 and there is absolutely nothing he needs or wants apart from money, Dec will be 9 and the only thing he is asking for is an iphone but I honestly dont know if I want to buy my 9 year old an iphone :nope: Dec also has a birthday 8 weeks before Christmas so I need to sort that too :cry: When we know what we will be buying we will start around Oct/Nov time.

By now I usually have an idea of what I will be getting the boys but this year I dont have a clue :shrug: Dan will be almost 19 and there is absolutely nothing he needs or wants apart from money, Dec will be 9 and the only thing he is asking for is an iphone but I honestly dont know if I want to buy my 9 year old an iphone :nope: Dec also has a birthday 8 weeks before Christmas so I need to sort that too :cry: When we know what we will be buying we will start around Oct/Nov time.

I don't think I would want to give a 9 year old an iPhone either. Maybe something less expensive.

My 6.5 year old has an iphone, mind you, it was ours before we upgraded and she only plays on it for games ;) no phone plan on it or anything. Does Dec have other friends who text each other or something? It's so hard these days as it seems every single kid out there has a phone at a young age! J has been bugging me (almost 14) for a cell phone and we think we will give him one for his birthday but it will be our other old iphone and a pay as you go texting plan as he's not responsible enough to not go over his minutes and us end up with a massive bill.

I start thinking for other people around September time :)

For my OH and Thomas I start in January!

I start saving christmas money about june time. I have a wish list for ds, dd and oh on amazon and everytime i think of an idea i add it the wish list, so im not stuck for ideas later on in the year. I usually start buying from sept time for ds and dd and my nephews and friends children. Oh i buy later, maybe end of nov, begginning of dec and extended family i try to make things, little hampers etc, which i might start oct time. We have actually just booked our christmas dinner as we going out for dinner this year.

I usually start buying early September but looking/bookmarking in August, my rule is that it has to be closer to the next christmas then the last :haha: I'm usually done before November is here and just buy extra bits that I like from then on.

Usually once the kids go back to school in September I full steam ahead to xmas :xmas12:

I've been shopping around in the sales & clearance and if I see anything cheap that my boys will love I will pick it up.
Don't start properly thinking about it until about mid september/start of october. :)

I have been picking up stocking stuffers for a few weeks now and have just in the past week purchased a few bigger presents for the boys in the sales.
I have been adding to wish lists all year and removing if need be since their tastes change so quickly at the minute.
We are going abroad the first week of October so when we get back it will be full steam ahead on Christmas craziness! xx

I usually start pretty early (mayish) picking up bits and bobs as I go along. This year, I alteady have dd2&3 main present and have also bought in the last couple of weeks a few dolls and little bits. I really havent seen anything special yet that I know they will love! X

I don't think I would want to give a 9 year old an iPhone either. Maybe something less expensive.

We have been asking for a few weeks now and everytime we ask all he says is an iphone :growlmad: there is nothing else he wants at all :nope:

My 6.5 year old has an iphone, mind you, it was ours before we upgraded and she only plays on it for games ;) no phone plan on it or anything. Does Dec have other friends who text each other or something? It's so hard these days as it seems every single kid out there has a phone at a young age! J has been bugging me (almost 14) for a cell phone and we think we will give him one for his birthday but it will be our other old iphone and a pay as you go texting plan as he's not responsible enough to not go over his minutes and us end up with a massive bill.

He does have fiends that have phones, he already has an ipad and an ipod, him his friends and his cousin facetime alot, if Dec got one then I would add his account to my bill that way I could allocate minutes, txts and data and he wouldnt be able to go over that limit :thumbup:

I save all year and then start buying in November time, sometimes October. I tend to mostly buy all my bits and bobs online and only venture in to the shops if I need to. I avoid shops from December 15th right through to the New Year haha x

Usually about October or November time but keep an eye out all year for different ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->