• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When do you start planning for Christmas?

As sad as I am about thomas turning 5 I can't wait until Monday so I can start buying again for christmas :haha:

My 6.5 year old has an iphone, mind you, it was ours before we upgraded and she only plays on it for games ;) no phone plan on it or anything. Does Dec have other friends who text each other or something? It's so hard these days as it seems every single kid out there has a phone at a young age! J has been bugging me (almost 14) for a cell phone and we think we will give him one for his birthday but it will be our other old iphone and a pay as you go texting plan as he's not responsible enough to not go over his minutes and us end up with a massive bill.

He does have fiends that have phones, he already has an ipad and an ipod, him his friends and his cousin facetime alot, if Dec got one then I would add his account to my bill that way I could allocate minutes, txts and data and he wouldnt be able to go over that limit :thumbup:

I would go for it if you think he's ready. I don't really think you can judge these things on age, every kid is different. My DS will be 8 this month and he loves his iPad to FaceTime and message his grandma, aunties and cousins. If he's proven he can be trusted to keep himself safe using an iPad and understands the risks then hopefully he'll be the same with an iPhone. :thumbup:

See the reason I wouldn't get an iphone is because of the expense. I will be getting my 10 year old a phone for Christmas but it will be a cheaper one because I know that he will lose it or break the screen.

OH and I started thinking about where we'd spend Christmas this year. We're hoping his mum's again :) And I hunted for slim 7ft trees online :wohoo:

I bought my first present today. A bit earlier than normal but ive been watching it for ages and it went down in price by quite a bit, so couldnt resist. Will be gutted if it goes down even more now.

I'm starting to get ideas for my LO's and have been adding ideas to my Amazon wish list. I will start to buy September / October Time.

Liz totally random but how much did you pay for the kids kindle fires last year?

My 6.5 year old has an iphone, mind you, it was ours before we upgraded and she only plays on it for games ;) no phone plan on it or anything. Does Dec have other friends who text each other or something? It's so hard these days as it seems every single kid out there has a phone at a young age! J has been bugging me (almost 14) for a cell phone and we think we will give him one for his birthday but it will be our other old iphone and a pay as you go texting plan as he's not responsible enough to not go over his minutes and us end up with a massive bill.

He does have fiends that have phones, he already has an ipad and an ipod, him his friends and his cousin facetime alot, if Dec got one then I would add his account to my bill that way I could allocate minutes, txts and data and he wouldnt be able to go over that limit :thumbup:

I would go for it if you think he's ready. I don't really think you can judge these things on age, every kid is different. My DS will be 8 this month and he loves his iPad to FaceTime and message his grandma, aunties and cousins. If he's proven he can be trusted to keep himself safe using an iPad and understands the risks then hopefully he'll be the same with an iPhone. :thumbup:

He has been using my ipad since he was 3, got his own ipod at 6 and a mini ipad for his 8th birthday. He is very careful with them, more careful than his 18 year old brother who has smashed 4 phones, 2 laptops and an ipod in the past 2 years :growlmad:

He has been using my ipad since he was 3, got his own ipod at 6 and a mini ipad for his 8th birthday. He is very careful with them, more careful than his 18 year old brother who has smashed 4 phones, 2 laptops and an ipod in the past 2 years :growlmad:

I would totally get an iPhone at that age. I don't see the point in 'brick' or basic phones for them anymore as all they want is something compatible with the apps they already have from pod/pad.

I'm the last birthday of the year in our family - 21st August, so anytime after that is fair game for Christmas. By the end of September I usually have lists for my 3 sorted and I like to have the majority bought by the end of October which leaves November for anything extra I see or they suddenly add and December for fun purchases.

I would go for it then :) It's so hard to buy for them as they get older and if it's something he really wants I think it's great! :D

Usually October after my DDs birthday but I say every year that I want to start earlier

I already have a mini present stash of roughly 15 presents for children and have started on DHs gift and also have a small food stash aside of christmas nibbles. I plan very early. Its a huge event in my house lol!

My kids birthday is like 5 weeks before christmas so usually i do a joint christmas and birthday list and split it up :haha:.

Reserved a bunch of stuff I want for Christmas on a Christmas club scheme. I was supposed to be buying them outright this month but the head gasket on my car went and I had to buy a whole new car ! Which of course is second hand so typically within 24 hours it failed to start as the battery was completely dead! I'm so depressed about it as it has eaten up all my Christmas money. No one understands lol they keep saying "Christmas is ages away" barrr humbug indeed.

I have started :happydance::happydance: I dont normally start until after Decs birthday but I have gone overboard on birthday stuff so putting some away for Christmas :happydance:

:haha: Sabby!

Yay... Berrrrrrrr months!! :D

I started in March this year (only few bits from Avon) then again in May (bath bombs, wax melts etc). Real shopping started last month. DD1's birthday is in October so I have that to work with too. I literally have 1-3 birthdays a month to buy for. OH's is 6 days before Christmas and he always wants something "big" :grr: so his list is shared. In total I have 25 people to buy for as opposed to the usual 31 due to family cut outs. But that could even turn into 24.

Hey everyone, I can't find the grotto this year. Is it open yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->