When do you tell work?

Pamarin

Reaction score
When do you tell work you are expecting? I haven't said a word, but I feel I should.? Morning sickness has not kicked in, but am scared I wont be able to get up some days..
With my first it hit me at 8 - 12 weeks. yikes!

I won't be able to tell my work until 16 weeks because I won't be past my probation. If that isn't a problem for you, I would tell your supervisor just in case you need to go to the doctor or take time off for tests and ultrasounds.

I just told work this week, I waited until after my first ultrasound (14 weeks). Once the heart rate was confirmed. Which worked out well for me because my ultrasound also showed some complications and I will require some time off work for additional appointments. Good Luck!

I'm now nine weeks and had to start telling my work about 3 weeks ago, but my job can be quite hazardous so it's the only way to protect myself and bean. If I had a job where I didn't have that concern I would have rather waited until 12 weeks though.

I told my direct boss as soon as I got a doctor's confirmation of my pregnancy (at a bit more than 4 weeks), as my job requires outdoor duties sometimes and I will need to get out of those duties. If I don't tell her then I would probably be assigned to go out for an entire day, which my physical situation probably won't allow now (fatigued most of the time).

Last time I had to tell them at 5 weeks as my MS was so bad, but this time I'm waiting for my first ultrasound at 8 weeks as long as the ms stays away.

If you don't have bad ms and complication free pregnancy 12weeks is safe mark to tell.

I also told work quite early (about 5 weeks, before I even told family) because I work in oncology and come across things that could be harmful to me and baby. I'm glad I did tell them early though as I had bad morning sickness and had to have time off anyway!

In any other situation I would of waited until 12 weeks I really didn't feel comfy telling people so early due to previous loss.

I told my supervisor at 5 weeks because I was already feeling fatigued.

Just personal preference and depending on your job, really... I'm a nurse and so I have always told work early on so that I am supported and so that I don't have to do anything hazardous. We had a loss in January but I was still glad that I told them as I needed the support (and my team are fab!) x

My supervisor just found out today, at 12+2.
I announced on fb a few days ago, so some of my coworkers found out through there. And it's just starting to spread around my work now. So I never outright told her. She was very happy for me though.

I told my boss as soon as the morning sickness kicked in at 6 weeks. I have had really bad nausea and have been vomiting frequently so I have been off work this last week which they have been really supportive.

I think some jobs you would need to tell work asap so they can do a risk assessment and make sure there is nothing in your job that could harm the baby

I had to tell them straight away as I needed to be moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->