When do you usually have your first midwife appointment?

ArmyWifey11

Expecting our FIRST!!!
Reaction score
I went in and had a consult with a midwife a couple weeks ago. I'm 7 weeks now and wondering when I should make my first real appointment. Anyone have any sugesstions?

Well you should call to make the appointment now so that you can get on the books. But your MW will probably not see you until 10-12 weeks, which is standard.

Also, related to this question, I'm also wondering if there is anything anyone would recommend for setting the ball rolling towards a homebirth at the first MW appointment or booking appointment? (Beyond obviously, stating that I plan to have one, assuming there are no serious complications that come up). Would there be a particular team of midwives I could contact that would be better than others? I guess what I mean is I assumed I would call the maternity unit at my local hospital to start with, but when I was at my GP's a few weeks ago, I noticed a poster saying something like "Are you newly expecting? Contact our community midwife team to book your appointment". Would these be the midwives to contact (instead of the hospital team) if I would like a homebirth or are they basically all the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->