when does a babies heart start to beat?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
just wondering as seriously starting to consider booking a private scan but want to make sure we can see or hear something on the scan ?
when did you first hear your lo's heart beat.

I'm at my scan tomorrow Hun I'm either 6 weeks 5 days at least tomorrow or 7 weeks 3days at most I'm hoping you can see the little bean and heartbeat, when I go xx

I've heard heart starts beating around 5 weeks xx

Definitely wouldn't go for a scan until you're atlesst 7 weeks as a lot of the time it's too small to see anything. I think hb starts at 5w 4 days around then x

Definitely wait until you think you are 7 weeks. That way if your dates are a little off, you'll still see something when you go :flower:

I believe it starts at 5 weeks but you can't hear it on a doppler until 8 weeks. I saw my little's peanuts at my 8 week u/s.

Yeah I wouldn't go too early or you might not see something and worry for nothing that you didn't see anything. When really it's just too early.

I booked an early scan at 8weeks with my last pregnancy, discovered I was only 6weeks but still got to hear heartbeat however this time I know my dates are accurate as hubby just got back after 10months away so booked another 8week scan x

I heard hb with both pregnancies by 7 weeks

They haven't let me hear it because it puts more (i forget the word... rays??) on the baby than is safe. But I first saw the heart beating at 6+5(ish) and it was 124. Saw it this past Tuesday at 10+3 and it was strong at 164.

I did just order a doppler that should be in the mail soon :D

I agree with others that 7 weeks is best (but you have to be sure that you are 7 as lola85 said you could miscount). I went at 5 and there was no baby yet. I went at 6 and there was a baby but the HB was low so now the doctors have me worrying, I will go back at 7 and now the HB would have been going for a while and it should so some success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->