When does it get better?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
So I know that raising kids is hard, I know it takes a LOT of work and that I'm looking at dealing with it for the next 18 years. And I don't want anyone to jump down my throat because I do very much enjoy spending time with my daughter. But at what age does it start to get easier? I mean, easier as in you can put them down for 5 seconds in the day without a screaming fit. When you can actually get your house cleaned and something accomplished other than making bottles and changing diapers? When you start to feel like you have control over your life again? When they start to entertain themselves that they don't need mommy in their face every single moment?

I'm really struggling with this. She needs to be up in my arms every second of the day or else I'm faced with blood curdling screams. If I put her in her chair, I have to sit right next to her and play with her or she isn't happy. I just can't get anything else done. Granted, she does sleep through the night but in the day I can't get anything done except playtime, feeding and diapers. She doesn't nap at all. The only time I get anything cleaned is if I leave her in her chair screaming long enough to do a 10 second tidy on the living room and kitchen (I know there's nothing wrong with her other than she needs your constant 100% attention or I wouldn't leave her there)

Ughh. Don't mean to whine but it'd be nice to get some reassurance that it does get better at some point :blush: My life is falling apart because I don't have a minute to myself to keep it together :dohh:

For me it was at around 5 months. Brennan could then sit up and play. He would happily entertain himself for a good 20 minutes. Now he is crawling, I am generally running after him, so I am yet again, not getting much done. The best thing to do is get a sling. Strap that baby girl on, and then you can be hands free, she can be close to you and you can get stuff done. When Brenn was that age, my favorite carrier was the Moby wrap, it was super soft and very comfy for both of us.

i've found this week a lot easier with katie. we're in a routine now where she gets up about8, feeds for around an hour, then entertains herself for a bit whilst i have a shower. she has all my attention til about11.30 then i feed her, and at 1.30 i put her down for a sleep.

we've never actively put her down for a sleep, she used to just get 10mins here or there. she cries for a while, but then sleeps for2hours!! i feel lost in the time she's asleep lol!

for me at 3 months my LO got soo much easier. He just seemed much happier and calmer. I eman, it's still hard, but it got a LOT easier. Then it took another step towards easyness at around 6 months.
SO dont worry, it'll come. I found the first 3 months tough. It takes some getting used to and I guess our bodies are all hormonal and tired. My LO isnt sleeping through yet (did once last week tho!) but I guess when he sleeps more I'll feel much better again too.

Each month it gets better. I remember feeling the same as you.
Also - as well as baby getting older and easier, I have learnt to not care so much about getting the house clean! lol. Now my LO naps for 30 mins at a time in his cot so I dash about and do what I can and if it doesnt get done who cares. I'm a mum, it's a tough job. The polishing can wait :hug:

ditto... around 3 months she got alot better. But she still has her days when all she wants is to be held and cuddled.

Around 3 to 3.5 months though we still have our days where we can't put her down. I highly recommend an exersaucer (used from 3 months on) Hannah absolutely loves hers and will sit in it for up to an hour at times playing (not everyday but it's really nice when she does).

around 4 months when he could sit up and play x now hes crawling and standing its become really hard work x

:hugs:

I'd say 3 1/2 months it got a better, I can put her in her jumperoo and she'll stay there or playing on her playmat...However she recently got back in her clingy stage so I know how you feel, it's exhaustion. :hugs:
I guess it all consists of good and bad periods coming and going...

:hug: i feel your frustration, really i do.

Ali wanted to be held all the time, and i mean all the time. Somedays i couldn't even get a shower, had to phone a mate over to hold while i had one lol.

BUT

it gets a lot easier. Seriously, Ali is now 27 weeks old and can play alone with his toys/babywalker/door swing for awhile. I can go and get what i want done. i feel i hardly carry him around at all anymore - i think it just happened gradually.

:hug:

It is a lot tougher than you expect it to be, I think. I would say 3.5 months things start to get a bit easier. I think, as Samantha says, the way forward is to get a sling and carry her round so you can get stuff done. And don't worry about spoiling her by picking her up. She is only tiny and she still needs to be close to her mummy.

Keep positive, try to enjoy each day.

Thanks girls :) Nice to know that there is some sort of relief at some point :)

I don't have a sling but I do have a hip hammock so I may try that soon, she's almost at the weight requirement for it.

I have an exersaucer bought but I'm still waiting on a little bit better head control for her to use that :)

Amy I love your new pic of Lola!

Around 4 months. Now Helena will go in the exersaucer, where as before she was too wobbly and she will go in the jolly jumper while I do things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->