When does lack of weight gain become a concern?

freckleonear

Crunchy mummy
Reaction score
I lost weight in the first few months of pregnancy due to morning sickness. I was a little overweight anyway and had been dieting and exercising before I fell pregnant. I am now 20 weeks and still feeling sick, although medication is helping a bit. I weigh half a stone less than at the beginning of pregnancy and am not gaining. At what point is lack of weight gain a concern?

I didn't gain anything the entire way through my last pregnancy as I followed slimming world. The midwives were never concerned as had a high Bmi. I'm now at target after losing 5 stone and gained 11lb so far but bmi is 22 x

I've gained zero weight so far, and am 4lbs less than what I started at. My weight hasn't changed at all for the last month, but have a very blatant baby bump. I started off slightly overweight but there is no worry about it.

Normally only the starting BMI is taken into account as it cannot be used during pregnancy, so if you started off at the high end of normal then there shouldn't be much cause for concern. If your weight is continually plummeting then that's when they'll look into it.

I have a pretty low bmi and have only gained 3 lbs (18+5 ) but I saw baby a few days ago and it's happy and healthy! Suddenly my appetite came back after 4 months and I can't stop stuffing my face the last three days. So I think when your body is ready to gain, it'll gain!

I was quite heavy to begin with, and lost 14 pounds. I'm 13+4 and don't seem to be gaining at all even though I can actually eat semi-regularly now. I think I'm actually still losing a tiny bit at a time. I do have PCOS and I think being pregnant might be straightening out some of my hormone issues which is probably causing the weight loss. As long as I feel good, I won't be concerned!

I was quite heavy to begin with, and lost 14 pounds. I'm 13+4 and don't seem to be gaining at all even though I can actually eat semi-regularly now. I think I'm actually still losing a tiny bit at a time. I do have PCOS and I think being pregnant might be straightening out some of my hormone issues which is probably causing the weight loss. As long as I feel good, I won't be concerned!

I also have PCOS and found it incredibly difficult to lose weight prior to pregnancy. I hadn't thought about the hormones helping but it makes sense!

I had the weight loss conversation with my doctor. I am down twenty pounds since the beginning of my pregnancy. I haven't been weighed in a week and a half but I don't think I've gained anything. I was overweight before and she said that my abrupt changes into good habits and the fact that he is perfectly healthy and happy and growing means I'm fine. She also said that the less weight I gain the better my odds are of avoiding a c-section. I have become a bit of a rabbit. Obsessed with raw fruits and vegetables and I really don't want bread or meat. I think you're cravings are an indication to what your baby needs. But it's something to discuss with your doctor the next time you go in. My husband and I were both a little worried until we did. I have twenty weeks to go and I'm sure some lbs will come later on. But until then I'm reveling in my apples, grapes and cucumbers.

As long as bubby is growing well i don't think little to no weight gain is a problem. My cousin was lighter then her pre pregnancy weight at the very end of her pregnancy. Ive only gained 1kg after losing a heap now that i can eat lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->