When does the HV stop seeing LO's?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
When do health visiors stop seeing babies?

Not sure mine stopped as soon as he hit 6 months ..now he has his 9 month appt with his pediatrcian and thats it from then on only her ..

Well, I asked her this at Amy's 8 months check, and she said she would not see her now until 3! I had been wondering if that was right, so I am interested in this question, too! . . .

Your Health Visitor looks after the under 5's. You can go and see your Health Visitor at anytime and get your LO weighed at clinic etc. they don't get to do many home visits now like they used to as their services are very stretched but you can ring the number in your red book to ask for advice and leave a message if nobody's there.

I still take Kieran to get weighed every six months, will do until he starts eating properly to make sure his weight is fine x

My hv stoped coming to visit at 8 weeks but said i can go down the clinic to get him weighed every 2 weeks if i want to which i usually do occationally i miss one if its tipping it down with rain i dont go but she said to me they look after them until there 5 i think xxx

you can still take your child to see the hv until they are 5. they have their last official check at 4 before they start school.

HV last seen Caitlin at 8 months - shes seeing her on the 9th December for her booster shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->