When does the midwife get in touch?

Jetset

Reaction score
I am only 4 weeks pregnant and I visited my doctor last week when I found out (due to being on B12 injections I wanted to know everything would be ok to continue). He told me the midwife would be in touch regarding an appointment, but I was just wondering when I should expect this as I am due to go away in 4 weeks time for a fortnight.

I am in the UK...

Hi, I booked my first midwife appointment at the doctors so didn't need to wait to hear from her... if I were you I would wait a couple of weeks then chase it up as ideally you want it before you go away xx

i got my letters through in the post at about 6/8 weeks, had my first midwife appt this morning and scan is booked for 2 weeks today when ill be 12+6

Hi there, I was told to expected to hear at around 8wks (which is about the same time as my last pregnancy) and then have scan around 12wk marker.
I dont know how different pct work though.

Hi there,
Ive just had my first midwife appointment today (I'm between 9-10 weeks) You should be getting a letter in the post within the next 3-4 weeks I'd say. May be worth mentioning to the doctor maybe that you're going away, just in case you miss your appointment xxx

I registered with the midwife and she sent me a letter with a date.. i would have been 9 weeks ( was acctually 10 and half ) most m/w's wont see you untill your past 9 weeks.

Because of early bleeding etc and Bank Holiday dates, I didn't even see a doc until 8 weeks then I got a letter a week later from the midwife to see her a week after that - which was 10 weeks (although they put me at 11 weeks due to LMP as I have long cycles) then I got a letter just over a week after that for my scan which is tomorrow (exactly 2 weeks after I saw the midwife) which makes me 13 weeks according to them, but I think I'll be 12+2 either way it should be about the right time to have a scan and be alright timing for the NT check.

Basically though at 4 weeks, nothing much will happen for a while. :hugs:

Brill thanks ladies... That is great!

I will see if I get anything over the next couple of weeks and if not chase it. I hope I can pick a time for my first appointment as I am so hectic with work at the moment I may need it to be later on in the day :)

Great question :)
how do you go about getting into contact with the midwives? im in the uk and not sure?

I'm 9 + 4 and no word from the mw. Doctors say expect to here from here at 13 - 14 weeks (uk Hampshire) I thought that was a bit too late??

I didnt get to see my MW till I was 10 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->