When is a good time to have baby number 3?

tkeith8109

Reaction score
My husband and I have talked a little about having our 3rd baby. We're not quite ready yet, but it's definitely in the future. Currently our dd is 3 and our ds will be 2 in May. My question is when do you think is a good age for the other kids to be before having another? I really like to space out birthdays and also not be too pregnant during the summer, I get really big and it's really hard to live in the south during the summer 8 months pregnant, trust me I did it and almost lost it!!! So the next baby we would like to have in the winter. Of course this doesn't have to be the case, but would be nice. I don't think we're ready to start trying this June, but next June seems too far away to start trying. I love the idea of the older kids to be in school, but at the same time I don't want to get them in school full time just to start all over again and have to wait another 5 years. At the same time it sounds nice. Any advice would be awesome! Like I said we're just in the talking about talking stage, so any advice is welcome!

My husband and i have spoken about baby number 3 & we have said summer/autumn 2015, as we'd like a summer baby. By then our eldest daughter will be 5 & our youngest daughter will be 2.
I know it seems a long way away, but the way the last 3.5 years have gone, it'll be here before i know it!
x

I just found out I'm pregnant with number 3. My oldest will be 4 years 8 months and my youngest will be 2 years 4 months. So this baby will have the same age gap. I too wanted to space out birthdays and mine are January and May and this baby is due in September. I wanted them all fairly close and as this is the last baby I wanted them to be similar ages as once I get out of the "baby" stage I don't want to go back to it iykwim x

Also my oldest starts school a few weeks before I'm due, which will be nice as most days I'm not dealing with 3 all day long. He'll also be able to help me out a bit more, as will his brother.

I really dont know when the right time is. We started trying so that we had at least a 2 yr age gap. (you never know how long TTC will take you) but we literally will be 2 yrs 5 weeks inbetween #5 & #6
I would say if its something you are both keen on dont try and plan and wait too much.
Good luck

Totally individual choice, but for me I wanted no3 ever since no2 was born. We would love 4/5 total.

Now dd2 is 2, just seemed a good time as she's more independent, will be at nursery a few hours a week when baby is hopefully born.

I've only just had number 2 (he's 16 days old :cloud9:) and despite saying frequently in the hospital that I was never going through it again I'm already desperate to be pregnant again! There is 2 and a half years between my 2 boys but I think if we tried again we'd go for a smaller age gap, maybe trying when our youngest has turned 1. I haven't even spoken to my other half about this yet he'd go mad if he knew what I was thinking!

We have decided to start ttc this November so there will be an age gap of 2.5yrs between each...as long as it goes to plan, I wanted another straight after my second but glad I waited as life is rather hectic at the moment and don't quite feel ready to have another newborn just yet :)
I think its down to personal preference but I love the age gap my two have xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->