When is CD1???

kittykat33

Reaction score
Sorry if you've had this question before...but...

What do you count as CD1? Do you wait until you are full blown on your period, or is it when you first start to spot?

:( confused!!

Hmm, I expected to come on here and be able to tell you, but then I read more and now I'm kind of confused. I think maybe it might be the first day you are full blown bleeding?

I've never really thought about that, I never spot really. It always starts on the same day. I spot for maybe an hour and then after i've noticed it starts getting worse.

The first day you see real red. Not older more dark Merlin and brown spotting. But real red.

Hi ya
I just wanted to agree with the first day of fresh red blood, brown spotting is your body cleansing itself and starting to shift you into AF.

Thanks for your replies, I tend to spot for maybe 2-3 days then BAM full on for about another 3 days, just don't want to mess up my days. :shrug:

I'd guess the spotting is the start but until you get full AF
I used to get 3-4 days of brown spotting before AF started however my AF ive not had alot of red blood (my doc said as long as there is red fresh blood it looks like AF)

Are you using OPKs to check for ovulation ?

I'd guess the spotting is the start but until you get full AF
I used to get 3-4 days of brown spotting before AF started however my AF ive not had alot of red blood (my doc said as long as there is red fresh blood it looks like AF)

Are you using OPKs to check for ovulation ?

Ive used OPKs before and never really had a lot of success with them :-/ Ill assume that my first fresh blood is CD1 and go from there :)

I spot anywhere from 1-3 days before AF...I count CD1 as the first day of a real flow. Not spotting, but actual flow.

Good idea, I never get a positive OPK but the doc has said my hormones look normal for ovulation. It's so disheartening when you don't get it, you then think am I ovulating?!!

Kittykat - Just thought I'd share this as you don't seem to be having duchess with OPKs either.

I got a persona contrection monitor as cbfm is too expensive in my opinion and you just bd when it says not to. It tests for lh and estrogen so you gave more chance of catching it.

This was my first cycle using it and the instructions say you probably won't get an ovulation symbol for a month or 2 but I got mine for 2 days way later then I thought I would, so I've been missing my egg!!!

I'm thrilled that we were able to bd the 2 days and will start properly next cycle as I gave a short luteal phase so I think I may struggle.

But the pressure is off as I know I am bding at the right time - it might help you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->