when is it best?

sophie c

2 gorgeous daughters <3
Reaction score
hi,

as some of you have read, i did misscarry, although there was no medical follow up or scan or anything to see if i definately did misscarry, but everything i described to my midwife including a negative test 5 days after my positive one.
when should i try again?, just with me misscarrying so early on, im guessing that its just like having a late period?
most women dont even know their pregnant at this stage.

so can i just try again now , its been nearly a week?

i know most people say wait till your next period and then try after, but i really want this! and you hear of people getting pregnant straight after?

sophie x xx xx

Its really personal choice.

We carried on :D Whatever is right for you and if its carrying on hoping and having unprotected sex to get PG then do it! :hugs:

best of luck

x

thanks wobbles, glad to see someone who did what i want to do!! :)

sophie x x x

I was told after my first MC to wait 3 mnths, but after my 2nd MC they said we could try whenever

I think you should do what you feel is right

same as mynxie said
i waited for af after 2nd mc so it didnt get confusing but was dying to start straight away lol

My consultant said to give body chance to recover and then off you go!I waited until i had had af, felt physically and mentally ready then. Had time to grieve for lost baby and time to get body into best conceiving state! Wish you luck in future pregnancy and make sure partner is aware of need for lots of hugs (for you and him)

Well they told me yesterday, i should wait for 2 months to give the lining chance to heal and be ready for another baby, but i think its up to you, whenever youfeel ready.
Luv Cheryl xx

people get lots of different info

The main one is one month break and then when your ready

The later in pregnancy you are the more adviseable it is to leave it that time but I was always told when i was advised to wait it was for my sanity as it was early losses (chemicals).

Hope that makes sense.

x

Yes i had similar advice after the first one they advised to wait 1 cycle as i was further along, last time when i MC at 5 weeks the Dr said no reason to try again straight away

Yeah doctors will usually tell you to wait until the cycle after your first period post-miscarriage, to make sure you have expelled all the tissue and that your cycle is normal again. But yeah I'd say it's a personal choice. Just remember that a miscarriage can throw off your cycles, so you period could be off, which means if you got pregnant again right away there'd be a chance that you Ovulated at a different time, and the due-date would be off. Either way, good luck! And I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :hugs:

I agree, whenever you are ready hun.
I am thinking about when would be best. I may wait a couple of months before trying, my miscarriage was only on Friday though. I feel I need to give my body a bit of time to get back to its best.
But if you want to try now then go for it.

xxx

Some people say that you can concieve again very quickly and easily in the month after a miscarriage. It's happend to a couple of people I know but some people don't want it to happen that quickly so I agree with everyone else, that you should try again when you're ready.

I have to say that with my MC it just got too much to even contemplate trying again too soon! We'd been trying 4 years and had just about accepted we couldn't have kids, then we fell pregnant and then it was taken away from us. We're really struggling as to how evil that is.

We're planning on moving in April and said we'll see what happens til then.

I do believe it is all down to the individual for when they feel physically and emotionally better!

I wish you all the luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->