When is it normal for nausea to kick in?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I'm 5+6 today and for the last three days I've had continual nausea, although haven't been sick. I've tried to eat small, regular, healthy meals but not much is helping. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this normal and how do I stop it? :dohh:

yes its normal. i still have nausea. When they first gave me nausea meds, i even threw those up. Its best to take them early as soon as u wake up before feeling any symptoms. it doesnt really work when u are already feeling sick. i guess we gotta stay strong until 2ns trimester :0

Yes it's normal. My DD's pregnancy it kicked in at 4+3!

It's normal anytime in first tri and if you figure out how to fix it let the rest of us know ;)

Mine started 1 week before missed AF. I am physically sick at least 3 times a day :( It lasted until about week 16 with my first.

Hope yours passes soon, so many people don't understand how awful it feels when you are nauseous all day every day!

Totally normal, my nausea and vomiting started in fifth week. Roll on second tri!!!

Thanks girls :) yeah it's pretty sucky!

Do you know if sea bands are actually supposed to help? I was considering getting one as they have always worked wonders on me for sea or travel sickness!

Sea bands have helped some women I've heard :) mine started at 6 weeks mostly nausea no vomiting at first then the occasional vomiting started which I actually prefer to the constant nausea! I do take nausea meds which at the very least takes the edge off!!

Lol I prefer the vomiting over the nausea too!! At least after I am sick I feel normal for a short while!! Xx

i got nausea at conception and didnt get it again until 4 weeks. then it went away and returned at 6 weeks. now its here everyday but ive only thrown up a couple of times on one night right before i turned 9 weeks. an empty stomach is something i cant handle it makes my ms so much worse and my ms gets worse anyway at night no matter what

i wear seabands to help my battles but honestly i dont even know if they work because i threw up with them on before. otherwise im just nauseated on and off throughout the day.

Aww Catiren, it sounds like you had it pretty rough :( are you feeling better now at all?

I already find it hard to hide the queasiness in my lectures, which is not ideal as I don't really want everyone to know that I'm expecting yet! Although I've not actually thrown up, I keep (sorry this is disgusting) slightly dry heaving. I'm sure it's pretty noticeable :(

Yep, mine started at 5w2d-ish

The only things that have helped so far:

-Always eating breakfast within half an hour of waking. Preferably within 15 minutes. Only cereal works.
-Drinking gallons of peppermint tea. Seriously, a mug every 3 hours or so.
-Ginger biscuits. Don't go anywhere without them
-Eating at very regular intervals and only eating what I crave. Nothing that I don't want to eat.
-Eating and drinking separately.
-Avoiding travel as much as possible (not really been feasible for the most part)

:hugs:

Ooh thanks for the tips JumpingIn! I love peppermint tea and ginger biscuits so that's perfect for me! I've just bought a jumbo pack of ginger and lemon grass pressés which are delicious and seem to help a little with the sickness :)

Yep, mine started at 5w2d-ish

The only things that have helped so far:

-Always eating breakfast within half an hour of waking. Preferably within 15 minutes. Only cereal works.
-Drinking gallons of peppermint tea. Seriously, a mug every 3 hours or so.
-Ginger biscuits. Don't go anywhere without them
-Eating at very regular intervals and only eating what I crave. Nothing that I don't want to eat.
-Eating and drinking separately.
-Avoiding travel as much as possible (not really been feasible for the most part)

:hugs:

This is similar to what I have found. well except the finger biscuits part because I can't seem to find them in Japan but the regulating your eating is the key thing. I need to eat often.

I am living off weetabix at the moment. For some reason as soon as I feel sick If I have 2 weetabix and some ice cold milk, the nausea seems to dissipate a little.

I think the nausea for me started around 5-6 weeks.

Had my first vomiting session this morning though at 8w+4d

6 weeks is the most common time for it to kick in but can be earlier they say if you havent got it by end of week 6 you may be lucky and avoid it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->