When is it ok to give hot / spicy food?

elm

Mama
Reaction score
Just wondering when it's ok to introduce hot and or spicy food. And if there are any reasons not to give them early? And what are the best first foods to introduce?

You can add spices to food, it's just the hot things like pepper and chilli that would be best waiting a while as it may hurt them or make them cry if it burns their tongue.

I often use a little cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, coriander, cumin and paprika in the babies and kids food with no ill effects. In fact some spices are very settling for tummys and have other health benefits:thumbup:

I gave spicy food once he started eating chunky solid foods. He actually loves spicy food! His cheeks get all flushed but he keeps asking for more! Hehe! Must be in the genes.

I think it depends on the baby!
Can't remember if it was on here, or facebook... but Vickie mentionned that Hannah ate some jalapenos of Stans off the plant I think! And she loved them! Had no issues with them or anything, and got mad when Vickie wouldn't let her eat anymore! Now, if I tried that, I'd cry!
So I have to say, it depends on the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->