When is it safe to start using pregnancy fitness DVD's?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I was going to buy Davina's pregnancy DVD,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Davina-Pre-Post-Natal-Workouts/dp/B000LRYTCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1240770101&sr=8-1

but I didn't know if you have to wait until you are into second tri to use it.

Any ideas?

Hi, I bought it recently and to be honest it is a bit lame at the moment, I think I'm going to wait till I'm a bit more pregnant purely because it doesn't feel like it's doing anything!

I was doing her High Energy5 DVD before getting pregnant so was used to quite strenuous stuff. I still put that DVD on and follow the warm up and aerobics sections without doing the high impact sort of stuff like all the star jumps. I just do it at a lower level so as to not raise my heart rate too much.

I think the pre and post natal DVD will definitely come in handy when I'm a bit bigger and have less energy. I really recommend it! It's got a lovely section of Davina's 'tips' and stories of her experiences which are good. I love Davina!

Good Luck, and congratulations!

xx

Ditto what loopy loulou said. I have the DVD but didn't start it until I was about 16 weeks - I was far too exhausted before that to do anything other than sleep. It felt a bit tame even then, although because I hadn't exercised for so long I did find that despite the toning exercises being really easy, I could definitely feel it the next day!

It's great for me now though, probably just about the right level for me. Definitely a good buy if you like Davina xx

Edit - Oh, and because it's pretty low impact I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it in first tri. Just as ever with exercising be careful and listen to your body.

Thanks girls, I miss my normal Davina DVD's

I've been looking into classes and stuff and they won't usually take people until after 14/15 weeks so I'd go with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->