When is it safe to start using pregnancy fitness DVD's?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Noodles, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

2. loopy loulou

loopy loulou Mum of 3:)

Hi, I bought it recently and to be honest it is a bit lame at the moment, I think I'm going to wait till I'm a bit more pregnant purely because it doesn't feel like it's doing anything!

I was doing her High Energy5 DVD before getting pregnant so was used to quite strenuous stuff. I still put that DVD on and follow the warm up and aerobics sections without doing the high impact sort of stuff like all the star jumps. I just do it at a lower level so as to not raise my heart rate too much.

I think the pre and post natal DVD will definitely come in handy when I'm a bit bigger and have less energy. I really recommend it! It's got a lovely section of Davina's 'tips' and stories of her experiences which are good. I love Davina!

Good Luck, and congratulations!

xx

3. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

Ditto what loopy loulou said. I have the DVD but didn't start it until I was about 16 weeks - I was far too exhausted before that to do anything other than sleep. It felt a bit tame even then, although because I hadn't exercised for so long I did find that despite the toning exercises being really easy, I could definitely feel it the next day!

It's great for me now though, probably just about the right level for me. Definitely a good buy if you like Davina xx

Edit - Oh, and because it's pretty low impact I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it in first tri. Just as ever with exercising be careful and listen to your body.

4. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Thanks girls, I miss my normal Davina DVD's

5. RaeRae

RaeRae Mum of 2!!

I've been looking into classes and stuff and they won't usually take people until after 14/15 weeks so I'd go with that x