'When is the baby due?'

Danuta

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to deal with that question - when you've already given birth?!

Ok, so I have to admit that I still look fairly huge and still have a big tummy and I'm wearing my maternity clothes from about 7/8 months. But it was still embarassing! In the supermarket the shop assistant said 'When is your little one due then?' and I honestly didn't know what to say! In the end I said 'I already had my daughter 3 weeks ago.' I don't know who was more embarassed, me or her!

So after I went home, I looked at myself in the mirror and I realised that I really still do look pregnant: My tummy is huge and I look like like i did when I was 7 months, and I'm even still walking in a pregnancy waddle! When is this going to go away??? And anyone have any smart ideas what to say for the NEXT time someone asks me!

I think you're right when you say the person asking is probably going to be as embarrased as you are!! So unless anyone can think of anything witty but non-offensive, I'd probably just say what you did - after all the person wasn't asking you to be rude, they were trying to be friendly really!!! x x x

I remember giving birth and being really shocked that I still looked 6 months pregnant :shock: My uterus contracted really quickly though so I didn't look pregnant after 10days or so, just flabby! 3 weeks isn't long, you'll be back to your old self soon :D

I actually looked worse for the first 3-4 weeks. I bloated up like a balloon! When I was 41weeks I was huge but it was all belly, after the birth I had a swollen face, thighs, butt, boobs from the milk coming in, and so on, I looked hideous!! But it does get better, make sure you keep your fluids up to kick water retention.

I actually looked worse for the first 3-4 weeks. I bloated up like a balloon! When I was 41weeks I was huge but it was all belly, after the birth I had a swollen face, thighs, butt, boobs from the milk coming in, and so on, I looked hideous!! But it does get better, make sure you keep your fluids up to kick water retention.

I was the same! looked awful - basically looked like a blob with eyes, nose, and mouth attached. Look back now and im shocked. It will go - took about 3/ 4 weeks for me.

Here you go, to make you feel better!:

The day I went into labour:

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5533_512203700364_284300026_630537_2886315_n.jpg

Three days later:

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/miaowcatty/014-4.jpg :sick:

Now:

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs258.snc1/10532_513650351264_284300026_708576_6490388_n.jpg

Oh, Kitten, you and LO look gorgeous in those photos!

i was\swollen for the first wekk after harry, but it's all going pretty quickly now... just be honest & tell people you've had your baby already, lol. treat it like it's amusing & nither you nor the person who asked will feel quite as embarassed!

Oh, Kitten, you and LO look gorgeous in those photos!

LMAO hardly. That 2nd one haunts me, thank God it only lasted a few weeks until my womb infection cleared up! I have a whole folder of photos from those first weeks that I took because I didn't want to miss out on my LO being a newborn but that I never put with the rest of them on facebook etc because I was so horrified at how I looked! I don't even recognise myself, it's like someone's taken a bike pump and overinflated me :haha:

Just thought it was evidence that it does go away!

I still think the photos are really nice - and I'm glad ur feeling better now!
With me, I don't think it's water retention - it's just that my body doesn't seem to understand there isn't a baby inside me anymore! I've still got such a big bump - I look like 7 months pregnant at least!
Then there's the fact that I weigh like 3 stone more than my pre-preg weight... urgghhhh

My mum said to me after Lucas was born

"you got another one in there"

I had given birth about 12 hours prior to this comment and had no idea what to make of it or how to deal with it. Now, looking back I reckon I should have told her to shut up and have a bit more respect for me, but in saying that, she knew I'd had my baby.

Sometimes you are able to say calmly that you have had the baby but other times you want to punch the person for being so blooming rude.

Have you been checked by the midwives to make sure your womb is contracting properly? Might be worth checking :)

I had a coworker who asked a lady when her baby was due. She said "I already had the baby". He said oh like last week? She said "no. 10 months ago??". He was sooooo embarrassed and felt so bad. Serves him right though. He was a jackass. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->