When should I be concerned about BP?

redneckhippy

Reaction score
I am 40+ weeks pregnant and my BP has been a little elevated the past few days. It's not shockingly high, but has consistently been in the 130's / 90's, with occassional readings of 140+ / 90s. At what point do you think it would a concern or is it normal for BP to be higher when your in the final days of pregnancy?

It's not necessarily normal for it to be higher, but it's not unusual either. Drs usually aren't concerned unless it jumps drastically in a short amount of time, or is in the 140/90 range WITH protein. Once the bottom number hits 100, that is cause for concern for sure.

I have a history of PE and in consistently now sitting at 130-140/90 the doctors say it's borderline so needs an eye kept on it so my appts are weekly now. Bit it's not problematic just yet so no inductions or medications or anything. They said if I'm testing at home to call if my diastolic goes OVER 90 But e even then they'd just get me in to test it themselves

You can have high blood pressure in pregnancy without having pre e. You'll want to rule it out though, so you'll need a blood and urine test. Get in touch with your midwife.

Well my MW had me come in and my BP was 160/100 so I was sent straight to the hospital to be induced. I'm here now waiting for the magic to happen. Both exciting and scary!!

Oh exciting!!!!! Good luck with everything. I just had a check up and my BP was the same reading :-( so I've been started on BP meds

And yes as the othet poster said you can have high bp in pregnancy and not have PE, then it's called pregnancy induced hypertension. I had that for 3 weeks before getting PE

Oh exciting!!!!! Good luck with everything. I just had a check up and my BP was the same reading :-( so I've been started on BP meds

And yes as the othet poster said you can have high bp in pregnancy and not have PE, then it's called pregnancy induced hypertension. I had that for 3 weeks before getting PE
Yes, I had it with my first without developing PE, which is why I mentioned it.

Good luck redneckhippy! Can't wait to hear your news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->