when should i get new glasses?

MissPolley

Mum of one
Reaction score
really need some new ones as they are scratched to heck but should i get some after the baby is here, if so how long should i leave it?

My eyes change a lot during pregnancy! My dr told me that they are generally back to normal, or have stopped adjusting by about 5 weeks postpartum.

I went for an eye test a few weeks ago as I knew my bad eye had changed. Everything still ok for driving even though the right eye is slightly worse, so I was advised not to do anything as I'd be forking out for new glasses that I might not need for long.

I normally wear contact lenses and fine with them so far, put my glasses on today and my eyes have definitely changed! Struggled to read some car regs etc whilst drivin and small writing...think I will stick with my contact lenses until after birth!

X

I went for an eye test at about 5 months and my optometrist told me not to bother and to come back 2 months after baby arrives. The water retention causes distortion in your vision so any eye test you have now will not be accurate.

I went for an eye test at about 5 months and my optometrist told me not to bother and to come back 2 months after baby arrives. The water retention causes distortion in your vision so any eye test you have now will not be accurate.

^ this exactly

My baby is due in June and I'm waiting to have my eye appt until August. I really wish I could see my doctor sooner since my eyes are killing me and my prescription is really old, but it just seems pointless to go while pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->