When should i hear from a Midwife (uk)?

Brooke

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Im nearly 8 weeks now and i went to my GP when i found out i was pregnant at about 4 wks, all she did was give me some folic acid and sent me on my way!She didnt give me any info and said someone would call or write at about 12 wks-arent i supposed to be having a scan at 12 weeks?

This is my 1st pregnancy so i'm new to all this, should i call someone or just wait for them to contact me?
I'm a bit worried as i've read on here that some girls are not getting scans on NHS til 16 weeks, am i supposed to meke an appointment myself???!!!
Any info would b really helpful
xx

you should have your booking appointment with your midwife between 8-10 weeks and first scan at around 12 weeks
if you haven't heard maybe it's best to call your hospital and check that they've recieved your paperwork

good luck chick x

I had to ring the midwife team at hospital myself after seeing the doctor. They took my details and said they'd call later. A few weeks later the midwife who was assigned to me called back to make my booking appointment. I would recommend ringing your hospital and doing the same. Even if your doctor called, it can't harm to check they know you're pregnant and need an appointment x

Don't worry too much pet, it took a few weeks for my booking appointment to show up and it's combined with my first scan.

I'll be 12.5 weeks by then so I know how you feel being a bit abandoned with your first pregnancy. Just trust that if they needed to see you sooner they would.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->