When should i phone

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Becca345, May 31, 2011.

1. Becca345

Becca345 Well-Known Member

Hello i posted earlier as i had awoken 3 times during the night with a crampy feeling but then since 12 today i have suffered from pain in my lower back, bottom of my bump and the top of my legs. I have had tightening along with this but have not been on a regular basis i have had a bath which was soothing but having come out of the bath i am still uncomfortbale. I don't want to waste the hospital's time and do not want to go in to be sent home as it is nothing. I was wondering if you lovely ladies could advise what i should do thanks xxx

2. mumoffive

mumoffive Well-Known Member

Time them and if they are not regular i would leave it unless you are in awful pain. They usually tell you to take a couple of paracetamol. When your contractions are regular and you have two within 10 mins then the hospital will want to see you but all hospitals are different. I would phone if they become regular or really painful and ask for advice. If your waters go then phone them right away.

3. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

i asked something similar a while ago and only a few people answered but most said when your contractions are regular e.g they are coming every 5 mins
    my mw also said this aswell she said "wait till contractions are about 5 mins appart and are getting painfull"
    im the same as you i will probably freak when theystart and rush to hosp only to be sent home lol

4. MajorBee

MajorBee Well-Known Member

No harm in calling to see what they say :D

5. Becca345

Becca345 Well-Known Member

I am going to try and persevere and see what happens during the night as if it is the real thing then they should increase and become more regular or if i still feel like this in the morning then i will phone