when should i put him in his own room?

susiewusie

mummy of 2 little monster
Reaction score
hi girls i was wondering at what age should i put my LO's cot in his own room ?
What age did your LO start sleeping in there own room ?xx

OH won't move the cot back through...but I'm going to persuade him to at about 6 months. I think most babies actually end up sleeping better on their own. A year would be my limit.

chloe is still in her moses basket next to me. she will stay in her room until she out grows her moses basket and has to go in her cot

Charlotte was 18 weeks when I put her in her own room. She had no problem with the transition...I was the one who didn't sleep that whole first night!

Jasmine has been in her own room in her crib since a week old.

ffion was 9 weeks coz i wanted to do it whilst she was too young to notice the change

The current recomendation is that LO sleeps in your room for the first 6 months. We moved Hannah just after she turned 6mths as she had started stirring when we went to bed and she now sleeps a lot better.

You should go with whatever you feel comfortable with though, I'm sure you'll know when the time is right.

My little boy was 11weeks. He was growing out of his Moses basket and also keeping me awake with his grunting!

It is your decision hun :)
We put Jack in his own room around 10 weeks as he wouldn't settle in his moses basket but would very quickly in our bed.

We put Dec in his own room at 4 months, it would have been sooner but stupid catalogue delivered the wrong cot !!! so we had to wait an extra 4 weeks for the right one.

Kaya went in her own room at 10 months, when I felt she was ready (settling without too much crying etc).

I will probably move my daughter into her own room around the six month mark. It depends when she can start sleeping through the night without a feeding.

Lennon went in his own room when he was 2 weeks old and started sleeping through at 6 weeks. I couldn't have left it any later as it would have been much harder

well i put my son in his room when he turned 6 months he slept all the way through the night and thats when i weamed him of night feeds:crib:

I started to put our LO in his own room when he was 4 months old. I found he slept better, maybe 'cos my oh snores :lol:

I wanted to keep Livvy in with me for 6 months but she is already nearly grown out of her moses basket!! x

Amelia moved into her room at 3mnths i think, she sleeps a whole lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->