• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When should I see a midwife?

cosmicgirlxxx

Reaction score
This is ridiculous that I'm even asking really as this is baby number 6 :blush:

I had booking in with mw at 9 weeks, then 12 week scan. I have an appointment for 20 week scan but no other midwife appointments.

What is the usual course for UK non first time mums?

This is ridiculous that I'm even asking really as this is baby number 6 :blush:

I had booking in with mw at 9 weeks, then 12 week scan. I have an appointment for 20 week scan but no other midwife appointments.

What is the usual course for UK non first time mums?

Hi - I'm on baby number three and I'm pretty sure you should have a 16 week appointment as that's a standard one for everyone. (Not just first time mums). I had to ring up and book mine. X

16 weeks then 20 week scan then 28 week mw

Dunno about the next as I'm coming up to the 28 week one

In in Australia but my next MW appt isn't until 19 weeks ( 4th baby ) the mw said there's no reason to been seen before then, which i thought was odd, but anyway.

8 weeks, 16 weeks, 28 weeks and I think the next one is 35 weeks but I've not gotten that far yet.

Where I am they tell u to call your doctors to book with your community midwife for 16 weeks after your 12 week scan.. Maybe call
And check u shouldn't have booked one?? I'm on number 4 and now don't see a midwife until 34 weeks! Then it's every 3 weeks until 40
Weeks x

i have one at 16 weeks and this is number 3. i got sent a letter as i am consultant led so i didn't have to ring and make mine

I'm in Canada so it's probably a lot different.
But the midwife normally schedules an appointment for every 4 weeks.
I saw her at 10, 14, 18, and next will be 22.

Same as above in New Zealand, every 4 weeks until late in pregnancy then every 2 weeks.

Ive had midwife appointments at
8, 16, 25 and 28 weeks. Also have one booked for 31 weeks. Second baby for me

I think there's a page in the front of your maternity notes that state the usual appointment schedule.
Assuming the notes we all get are similar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->