When should I see my doctor (previous MCs)

ttm

Reaction score
Hi Ladies! I am new to this forum. Hello to you all!

Still waiting for my blood test to confirm but HPT was positive. My first appointment with my OB, or rather his nurse practitioner, is not until my 10th week. I am 36 and have had two MCs before although my last pregnancy was great (my daughter is now 18 months). I wonder if I should ask to see them before that, or at least get some tests done, ultra sound or HCG tracking. Does anyone have any thoughts on the benefits of these early tests ? Thanks!

I would have your progestone checked.

First, welcome and congrats!!

I would call the office and tell them you are quite nervous over the mc's and request to see the Dr sooner. You might be able to get in sooner, and relieve some anxiety.

If that fails, I think you can pay for a private ultra sound, although where, I have no idea.

My GP had me in at 8wks (as I had had an m/c two years before at 7-8 wks) and called to arrange a private scan to allay (sp) my fears; we were going private anyway, so just got in a little earlier -- so far, so good

Best wishes

p.s. am 43/almost 18wks!

My GP had me in at 8wks (as I had had an m/c two years before at 7-8 wks) and called to arrange a private scan to allay (sp) my fears; we were going private anyway, so just got in a little earlier -- so far, so good

Best wishes

p.s. am 43/almost 18wks!

Thanks. Had some spotting today, so will definitely call my OB tomorrow. Hope everything is still ok...

So glad it's going well for you. Best wishes to you too!

With spotting, I would definitely call your OB and tell him. He may just tell you to wait or have you come in. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Best wishes

p.s. am 43/almost 18wks!

i had spootin at 20wks then agen at28wks i had scan i had low lyin placenta i went on to havin heathly son whos now nearly 20 yrs old try not to worry

Hi ttm, welcome!!

I went to my gp 2 weeks after I got a positive hpt. I was then referred to the Early pregnancy unit due to cramping pains. Had an internal scan and hcg bloods taken. Everything was fine.
Your Dr will probably refer you for an early scan too, put your mind at ease.
Fingers crossed everything goes well for you.

With spotting, I would definitely call your OB and tell him. He may just tell you to wait or have you come in. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

My HCG test yesterday came back very low (66) so they want me to repeat the test tomorrow. I think I was probably 13 or 14 Dpo yesterday so perhaps there is still hope?

Don't worry until you see another test result, so you can compare (e.g. is it increasing, etc.)... otherwise, you WILL drive yourself mad!

(In my case (m/c two years ago), they had to rule out possible ectopic BUT until YOU get more information, e.g. tomorrow's test results, please try to relax (hard, I know)....)

best wishes

My HCG test yesterday came back very low (66) so they want me to repeat the test tomorrow. I think I was probably 13 or 14 Dpo yesterday so perhaps there is still hope?

HCG doubles every 24-72 hours, so that's a broad window. :)

Let's assume we start at an HCG level of 1 at conception and use every 48 hours as doubling time.
Day 3: 2
Day 5: 4
Day 7: 8
Day 9: 16
Day 11: 32
Day 13: 64

Looks like you're in the good range. :) :) :)

HCG doubles every 24-72 hours, so that's a broad window. :)

Let's assume we start at an HCG level of 1 at conception and use every 48 hours as doubling time.
Day 3: 2
Day 5: 4
Day 7: 8
Day 9: 16
Day 11: 32
Day 13: 64

Looks like you're in the good range. :) :) :)

That's good to know! I am still having light cramps although the spotting seems to have stopped. Will update once I get my next HCG tomorrow.
Best of luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"