When should I start my baby on...

caydensmom

Reaction score
Rice cereal? I have read so many different things on this. Some things on the net say not to start until he's four months..others say when he can sit supported. Well he can sit supported now. If I put a pillow behind him he can sit very well and if I hold his sides he can hold his head up and sit like this. It's so controversial. When did you start or are going to start your babies on cereals and first foods?? I'm so excited for this!!!!!!

The World Health Organisation says 6 months.

From what I've read, it used to be 4 months but was changed to 6. Before 17 weeks is meant to be a big no-no, unless under drs orders.

Lots of people I know stated around 5 1/2 months.

I can't wait to give my LO some food!

6 months for sure. You also don't have to start with baby cereal. Look into baby led weaning if you are interested.

6 months or if baby is hungry all the time i 5 and a half

Moved into 'weaning & Nutrition' as you are likely to get more answers.

As the others have said...as close to 6 months as possible. I understand why people feel excited about starting solids...but it isn't always easy or enjoyable.

The gudieline is 6 months
]

But I say when you feek your baby needs it you know your baby better than any of us. But if he is happy on his milk then leave it until he isnt
xx

i weaned dex and 6 and he is barely interested in eating even though he woulld take food off my plate, making chewing motion etc. once he actually gets the food he barely wants it, he mainly throws his spoon away after 2 mouth fulls. we baby led wean mainly and even then he barely touches the food. it can take ages before a baby will actually eat.

it depends on the baby, my friends baby will eat everything you give him and he was like that from the start. i think you should wait to as close to 6 months as possible unless he is defo ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->