When should i start to take Folic Acid?

M

mummy_k

Hiya me and my OH are not going to TTC untill the end of september this year i was just wondering if i can start to take Folic Acid now so its fully in my system? :cloud9:

Hey hun, congratulations!

It wont do you any harm. I have been taking mine for about a month or so now and we will be NTNP from next week with any luck.

xxx

Hey hun, we are also TTC in September I started my Pronatal tablets (folic acid and multivits) today :) Says on the bottle to start taki9ng at least 3 months before TTC, hope that helps :) xx

Thanks girls might start taking soon then i brought the pot last week been looking at it in the cupboard since then getting all excited :happydance:

Hi hon, my mum is a midwife & she says you can take folic acid for years without any problems, so start when you want to! The reason they say 3 months is so that it has time to build up in your system, but you can start before that if you want to! x

By the way, when do you need to take it at all?. I like to know that because basically a lack of folic acid also comes with aenemia , but if you haven't got a current lack of folic acid, (and youre well in the perfect areas) would you need to take it as well?

By the way, when do you need to take it at all?. I like to know that because basically a lack of folic acid also comes with aenemia , but if you haven't got a current lack of folic acid, (and youre well in the perfect areas) would you need to take it as well?

Its not so much as a lack of folic acid but its proven that if you increase your folic acid intake it decreases the chance of your baby having nutral tube defects like spina biffida.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeands...id-in-pregnancy-may-reduce-risk-of-baby-heart

Hey hun, I am starting TTC in September too, going to buy some prenatal vitamins on Friday (payday - woohoo!) and hubby will be taking vitamins, etc. We'll also be really concentrating on the exercise and healthy eating :) I say go for it!! :D xx

I'm also planning on starting in September and off to buy some vitamins this week, yay!

I started mine last week as coming off pill in a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->