When should I test?

Beadle

Reaction score
There is a TL;DR at the end for those who don't want to read this novel. I just figured a little more info might be useful.

So, I'm not entirely sure if I am pregnant or if this month is just weird due to my BCP (only been on it for 3 months ish, so it could possibly be just some weird change in cycle due to the new pill). But to play it safe, I'm going to take a test, but I'm not entirely sure when I should take it.

So, I had some spotting the other day, not sure how many dpo since I wasn't paying attention to anything like that, idk if I even ovulated honestly. But it was on cycle day 23, when I normally have been getting my AF visit around day 28. It started out a very light watery pink, and turned a dark brown after about an hour or two, basically the same look it has at the end of your cycle. And I had the brown spotting off and on that day, and for a couple hours the next day (cycle day 24). And then it stopped completely, I thought I was getting an early period, but nothing happened. Now I'm on day 29 with no real signs of AF's visit. I didn't have any IB with my daughter, I've read what it's like but since I haven't experienced it I'm not entirely sure if it is IB or just a wonky cycle.

Now I figure there are two possibilities; either my BCP (Larin Fe) messed up my cycle and I just had a little spotting early and that's it for this month. Or I'm pregnant, and that spotting was implantation bleeding (since judging by when I would have ovulated, if I even did, it would have been about 8 days after the possible ovulation date when I spotted).

Now, I know that each day after conception/IB the higher the hormones rise and the more accurate the test, and that generally by the time your period is due you can have an accurate test, but is only 5/6 days enough of a wait that the result would be accurate enough to test? I want to test now to get the anxiety over with, but I don't want to test and have it be negative, only to find out I really am later.

I am having some symptoms too, but they could be attributed to other things:

*Tender breasts, not really sore though. - maybe from possible upcoming AF
*Massive random headaches - we've been getting a lot of storms and they cause headaches, but not quite this often or bad.
*Heartburn - I used to have it all the time, but ever since I had my daughter a year and half ago I've only had it like 3 times, but all this week I've had it daily, sometimes more than once. I know it's a symptom but I thought heartburn didn't happen until later on?
*I am eating a TON - not sure what else can cause it. But my boyfriend even made a joke yesterday asking if I was pregnant again because of how much I have been eating the past couple of days.
*I am peeing a lot - I pee a lot anyway, but the past few days have been much worse. I'm rushing to the bathroom having to go way more often, and many times I'll feel like I have to go but I barely have a trickle. I'll go, and then 10 minutes later feel like I'm going to pee myself, only to barely even go again.

Thanks for reading, hopefully I'll be able to go get a test soon and figure this out. I'm being so careful about everything I do just in case I really am pregnant, and it'd be nice to know if I can go back to my old habits (I miss ibuprophen for these headaches D: ) without any fear.

TL;DR:
Can I get an accurate test after only 5 days after possible implantation, even though my AF is past due by a day, or should I wait a little longer to test?

I've heard of women (and I may have been one but no way to truly confirm) who test 2 days after implant. But it can range anywhere from 2 to like 8 days. =/ if your symptoms are pregnancy related and you are a day late, I'd say you can test at will. If you can't stand the potential false negatives, you can start 19 days from sex. Or get a frer. But I honestly test at like 6dpo sooooo :) good luck! Oh and of you are worried about getting an accurate result before you start your next pack, will your doctor do a beta? I'm spoiled so I can usually talk my gyn into doing bloods.

I usually use frer's anyway, unless I can't get to a real store, then I'll swing by the dollar store and snag a cheap one. As for the 19 days, I haven't been keeping track of when we have sex since I figured with birth control I wouldn't need to, although I really should have since I'm really bad at taking it at the same time every day and forgot some days all together ^^;

I'll hopefully be able to go get a frer soon, I don't know about the blood test, but it probably won't be necessary since I don't need to start my new pack for another week yet since I just got to the "blank" pill week since my bcp doesn't line up with my period every month, even though I first started it on the first day of the cycle the month I started the pill.

Thanks for the tips :)

Ended up taking a test this morning, and it was a :bfn: :( so guess it is just a weird month because of my pills. I'm actually really bummed out now, at first during this I was worried, but after having a week of thinking I might be pregnant it really grew on me, and now that I know I'm not pregnant I feel so sad. Well, maybe later on down the road I can finally have a new bun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->