when the baby is preeme?

mum78

Reaction score
sorry ladies its may be astupid quetion ,but i want to know if the baby born in 36+2 will be apreeme baby?

Technically it would be a late preterm baby. Baby most likely would act as a term baby though:flower:

I worked in OB and any baby below 37 weeks is written down as a preemie. But there are also degrees to preemies.....23-28 weeks is a micro preemie.....28-32 really premature...32-34 is premature...and 34-36 is mildly premature. 36 weekers tend to not have many issues...mainly with coordinating the eat, suck, swallow skill. We call them "feeders and growers" all they need is some growing time.

AS everyone else has said, full term is 37 weeks and while many babies born at 36 weeks have no problems and don't need a stay in special care, not all are born with no issues.

My daughter was born at 36 weeks, just short of full term and had a short stay in NICU due to breathing problems. I didn't expect that as I thought that due to her gestation, all would be fine.

My little man was classed as premature at 36+1 and we had to stay in hospital for 3 days due to jaundice but otherwise he is fine

:flower:

My son was a 36 weeker, and while he had no breathing difficulties or anything, he was really small, even compared to some other 36 weekers in there. He weighed 3 pounds 5 ounces, had to stay for 4 weeks to put on weight and since then has had developmental delays in pretty much all areas.

He was also classified as being a preemie and was followed as such, with a corrected age and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->