When The Time Comes...

xLisax

Max & Evies Mummy :)
Reaction score
Whether it's your first baby or second,third etc..would you find out the gender of your LO?

Me and OH have 1 son, Max, who we kept as a surprise, waited until the end to discover we had a little man :baby: :cloud9:

During my pregnancy I was unsure but OH was adamant that we werent finding out!

However next time round, I really want to find out but on the other hand I dont :dohh:

I loved the surprise last time but want to know so I can prepare!

So what are your ideas on why or why not?! :thumbup:

xxx

I found out with both of my children and it was GREAT! We were able to call them by their names even before they were born. Probably one of the most exciting days of my life was the ultrasound day! Labor and birth are so exciting by themselves !

Were not going to find out, spoils the fun.

We found out last time and I think we will next time too, tho I think we might keep it a secret :D xx

I would like to find out so we could decorate room, prepare clothes wise and that.
On the other hand I can see what i surprise it would be waiting! OH wants to wait so not sure.
xx

I always thought I wouldn't but now when it's more of a reality I do want to know. OH wants to know regardless of whether I do or not and I couldn't live without knowing and as I was kinda sitting on the fence I'll go with his wishes. My mum on the otherhand doesn't want to be told. I think it'd be nice to be able to talk to my bump knowing as much about it at possible.

I'll definitely want to know when the time comes! I'd be happy either way and really couldn't tell you whether I'd want a boy or a girl. Just a baby. :D But I think that if I didn't know I'd always be wondering and imagining one way or the other and might then have a "shock" second when it turns out the other way. And I don't want any feelings of regret, not even a split second of "oh, I expected a boy/girl". Whereas if you know you can look forward to all the lovely things you're getting instead of those your missing. Anyone know what I mean?

And I don't want any feelings of regret, not even a split second of "oh, I expected a boy/girl". Whereas if you know you can look forward to all the lovely things you're getting instead of those your missing. Anyone know what I mean?

Yes!! I really want a girl and I think I'd be dissapointed if I didn't have time to get used to the idea. Not that I wouldn't love a boy, but I'd hate to spend 9 months hoping for a girl and then feel bad.

Plus, it gives you time to get everything in the right colours. I'd like to knit a lot of my own baby clothes and I'd rather not have a whole pile of white!

Yep, we will find out each time.

I always thought I wouldn't want to but since starting trying we have both decided that we would like to.

Neither of us are very good with surprises and we like to plan - plus, we have our names sorted so want to know if we are having a ***** or a ******!!

xxx

definitely! by private gender scan! with maddi i had a couple of private scans, but i was adamant i didn't want to no :dohh: by 28weeks i was fit to burst, caved and found out when we had our 4d scan :D it really was one of the best days of my life, bar having! i can't wait to find out like 11 weeks early this time!!

With Josh we couldn't afford not to know, we had to get all the cothes and stuff in the sales and buy alot second hand...

But with the 2nd we'll be better financially so we can wait, not sure if i'll be able to though!

Well, our first daughter has brown hair and brown eyes with a slight olive skin tone and our second daughter is blond haired, blue eyed and very light skin.
Theres enough to wonder about third time round without gender as well lol, so yes, we will be finding out the gender.

I think we'll find out this time. :wohoo:

I never wanted to know before, with any of my other three and to be honest used to think it spoiled the surprise too lol

But this time, I really want to know, to know the babies name before he/she arrives. to go mad buying blue or pink instead of the usual neutral colours, I have had the neutral coloured prams, baby seats, car seats, moses baskets, baths, the whole lot in fact.

I think what's different this time is that before, I had lots of hand me down baby items from child to child, and from lots of cousins too so I didn't have to buy much from scratch (and to be honest, prob couldn't have afforded to buy all new each time) But this time, I have long since got rid of all my baby things. We had decided we were complete after our last one -how things change eh? So this time, I want to buy either girl or boy pram, cot, bedding, moses basket, bouncy chair, walkers, toys, car seat, whatever I need.

And secretly :blush:( shhh.. feel really bad thinking this out loud) - I would love a girl this time. My other daughter is 16 soon and I want to buy pink again lol.:pink:
I will love my baby unconditionally whether boy or girl but, I would love to buy gorgeous dresses, frilly knickers, floppy hats, cutesie tights and paton shoes. And I would hate to think that there would be even the slightest chance that i would be disappointed if it weren't a girl on delivery day.

i would want to know!! i dont like suprises and i know the OH is just as impatient as i am. Id like to be able to call my bump by a name and start buying things in boy/girl colours before they arrived!

Im secretly hoping that when my time comes i will have a boy but as long as its healthy thats all that matters :) :thumbup:

I want to know! I'm too impatient to wait nine months to find out.

I like to have everything planned out. So I'd have to decorate the nursery and buy clothes, etc. And I'd love to call him/her by his/her name throughout the pregnancy.

DH wants a boy the first time around but I'd prefer a girl...:winkwink:

I definately don't want to know! I think not knowing will give me something extra to help me get through my labour. I love the idea of a surprise x

I will have no choice but to wait - our local mat hospital won't tell you!

Plus I really don't want to spend £200 on a 4D scan as the £200 would be better spent on other things.......but I am terrible at christmas.....

I am still not certain, I think we will probably find out. I think it will be lovely to know and have that bond before the baby is born. I think there will be enough excitement when the baby is born and I don't think knowing the sex will spoil that.

However, I don't think I will be telling anyone, it will be our little secret :D x

I'm still on the fence on this one. DH wants to know but I don't think I do...but I guess it could go either way. I'd like to think that we will wait....but I'm kind of impatient too. Oh it's all just too much! I just want to be pregnant!:hissy:

I'm always undecided.. i'd like to wait until they're born to find out, but i don't think i could wait that long!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->