When to announce the big news?

I told my kids , a few friends and dh of course right away , I didnt tell my mom untill I was 11 weeks , she told my dad and my brother , I had to tell her at 11 weeks because I could no longer hide my baby bump , lol

Woah your very early on, Id wait a while for two reasons-1.Incase anything happens in the next 9 weeks,with everyone knowing it would be alot harder for you to deal with. -2. If everyone knows already it will make your pregnancy seem like such a long time, and everyone will be asking 'god r u still pregnant?'.
I told my parents the day I found out and told everyone else once I had my 12 week scan
Xxxx

My husband had already left for work when I got "pregnant" on my CB digi so I made sure he was the first person I told. I also told my mum & dad and my sister. The way I see it is if I were to miscarry (God forbid) then they are going to know about it anyway because I would tell them. I've also told 2 girls at work, I wouldn't have but it's only because we go to the pub every Friday lunch time and as soon as I say "I'll just have an orange" they will know and especially because I normally smoke for England on a Friday lunch time so they would have known straight away and I would rather have told them than them guessing.

i've told my work ( i work with horses n wanted them to know why i wouldnt be doing anything with the loonies anymore!) and of corse my OH other than that i'm trying to wait it out as long as possible, really wanna tell my mum (she knows we were ttc) and she keeps askin about ttc n will be over the moon when i do tell her but i really wanna try an wait it out till atleast 9 weeks to tell my mum n then when i've had 1st scan i'll be shouting it from the rooftops!!! lol :rofl: think if i hadn't told the girls at work i would have literally burst by now...:hugs: to all

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I told 2 of my closest girlfriends this morning at our regular Saturday morning breakfast - and now I have satisfied my desire to tell everybody. Well, for now at least ;) They are my biggest supporters and I would definitely tell them about a miscarriage were I to have one. One of them lost her baby at 5 1/2 months so she would understand for sure.

We've decided to wait until at least 6 weeks to tell anyone else ... as long as they know before Christmas or before I start showing, then it's all good :D

Thank goodness for the hundreds of anonymous women here. :rofl:

Amen to that! Love BnB. I am thinking 12 weeks will be right around christmas, so we'll tie our announcement in like that.

I am dying to tell people but we've decided to keep it under wraps until I've had my scan. I'm trying not to worry but am scared about things going wrong. The only person other than OH who knows is the personal trainer at the gym as she is making me up a specific gym programme.

i told two close friends, one of whom has just had one and the other who is trying, for their support and advice, but we weren't going to tell anyone else until after 12 weeks. however, every time i spoke to my mum on the phone over the past few weeks she's been going on about the credit crunch and making me panic and worry so much i had to tell her (and my dad) just to shut her up! that was at 7 weeks. so we now have to tell my OHs family too or else it's not really fair. doing that this weekend as we're seeing them in person.
and i told my boss last week too - i'm definitely slightly off my game at work, and permanently exhausted so wanting to work from home a bit more - felt i needed to explain myself so i didn't just look slack. and i figured at this stage i'd tell her if anything happened anyway because i'd probably need a few days off to get myself together.

I couldn't help it I told my parents and the in laws, I was to excited to keep it in even though I'm only about 5 weeks in right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->