When to announce..

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hey ladies..

Just out of curiosity, when will everyone announce their pregnancy?

I'll be 5 weeks in a few days (we haven't told anyone), but we are going to wait until after our 12 week scan to announce to everyone. Xx

Congratulations!
We told our parents at about 5 weeks but the rest of rhe world need to wait until after our 12w scan. This is our fourth child and no one is suspecting it so it will be really fun to announce it ;) I think our kids will be the first ones to know after scan. Seems fare :) But I'm only 6w5d yet so I have a long way to go still. Earlier pregnancies we have been telling our closest friends almost right away but this time we'll wait if we can.

We were planning on waiting until after 12 weeks but as usual that doesn't happen ... told DS1 first, then I told a couple of friends, as did my husband, all people we knew wouldn't say anything to anyone. But then I asked my ex MIL if she could watch the children for us whilst we had a hospital appointment so I told her because I felt it was unfair to ask her to do us a favour but keep her in the dark.
Told my dad and sister and mum and yesterday my brother. Husband has to tell his mum yet. We had our NT scan yesterday and all was fine, so I wouldn't mind everyone else knowing.
A few of those people were told to get it out of the way with, because I knew their reactions wouldn't be positive

I told my parents at just over 5 weeks but arnt telling anyone else till I’ve had my early gender scan at 16 weeks :) along with my son as he won’t understand till I have a bump or sees the baby on a scan so he’ll be coming with us at 16 weeks

At my next OB appt Ill be a little over 13 weeks. If she gives us the green light that everything looks healthy, we will tell. I had some really iffy bloodwork at the beginning, and I was told not to worry and Im on medicine to control it... but still I worry. So, as long as that appointment goes well, we'll tell.

My sister knows, though, because she guessed when we were at lunch (she saw the bandage from the bloodwork on my arm). I couldnt lie to her.

Otherwise, a coworker knows (because I had to explain the morning sickness).

We plan to have family photos, and a few will have my son wearing a "best big brother shirt" and when we hand them out we'll wait to see how long it takes everyone to catch the clue.

I tend to tell earlier than most. With my first two kiddos, I told the world immediately. Then I had an early m/c my third pregnancy (after already announcing) so having to 'take it back' was extremely painful. With my fourth pregnancy I still told early on (6.5 weeks) but it was after a confirmed heartbeat, since with my miscarriage one was never detected.

I'm pregnant with my fourth child now and s/he is measuring a few days ahead (was already measuring 9w three days ago) and healthy as can be via my scan from last Wednesday. We went ahead and announced after confirming baby is growing beautifully and had a healthy, strong HB :cloud9: It was the longest I had ever waited to announce, but still earlier than most.

We started telling people the day after our BFPs. Immediate family and close friends as we would see them in person. Once we confirmed a hb (I think 9/10 weeks) we announced to co-workers and on Facebook. Im blessed to never have experienced a miscarriage so maybe that would change my thinking. But I have always felt that i was pregnant at that moment in time and i wanted to celebrate that and not have to hide it.

I usually wait a LONG time to properly announce the news, but tell a few close friends very early. I figure if I will end up leaning on them for support about a miscarriage, I might as well share the news about the pregnancy.

My partner lasted less than 24 hours before announcing it on facebook :dohh:

I really wanted to do some kind of announcement photo this time (abusive ex made me keep first pregnancy secret until I was about 7 or 8 months gone) but he got too excited :dohh:

Thanks for all the replies girls!

It's interesting to hear from others when they're going to announce, it really is just a personal decision.

It is definitely going to be a long wait to 12 weeks to announce :haha:

We told close family straight away, then close work friends shortly after when the ms kicked in-however,the rumour mill is rife at work (I seem to be showing early!) so we decided to announce slightly earlier at just over 10 weeks-like pp said,I’d much rather people know I’m pregnant,right here and right now because you never know what is around the corner and I’d hate for it to have been that they never existed if that makes sense?x

We told close family straight away, then close work friends shortly after when the ms kicked in-however,the rumour mill is rife at work (I seem to be showing early!) so we decided to announce slightly earlier at just over 10 weeks-like pp said,I’d much rather people know I’m pregnant,right here and right now because you never know what is around the corner and I’d hate for it to have been that they never existed if that makes sense?x

Yep that totally makes sense! I wish I could even tell our family but I have a MIL with a big mouth, who has already ruined our previous 2 announcements :dohh: plus my 12 week mark falls around my mothers birthday and my FILs birthday, so kinda works out well :) xx

I work in a secure mental health hospital as a nurse, my job is classed as high risk. I have already made my colleagues aware as my duties have now changed as per my risk assessment with my manager.

Our parents know and my closest friend (who is currently ordering our bridesmaid dresses for July so felt it was best to tell her)

Will 'announce' after the 12 week scan xx

We haven't told anyone, not even parents! The only person who knows apart from me and OH is my best friend because I needed someone to talk too.

Think we're going to tell the parents after the 12weeks scan and maybe others when I see them... I'm very wary about social media so it wont be going on there!

I told my best friend the minute I'd finished the test lol we telling the parents this weekend (9 week) excited!

We told immediate family straight away and everyone else at 12-13 weeks after the scan.

I have a close friend that I was talking with through out the time I decided to even take the test.... She obviously knew before anyone.

I waited 3 days and 3 tests later to tell Hubby.
He couldn't restrain himself... He just happened to have the next weekend off he wanted to tell everyone he could as soon as possible.
So his weekend off we told his parents, and a few other family members that were over at the house. And then made it a point to go tell my parents the same day. Our brothers and hubby's aunts were told via phone (Hubby's dad could have lit the country with his smile).
I was 6 weeks.

Hubby told a few more close friends, the neighbor and his work the next week. I told my friend that I'm in her wedding, so she knew.

I'm only 8w, I'll be 9w in a few days. My pre-natal exam isn't til the 17th.

My plan was to tell everyone (including family) either Mother's Day or Memorial Day. Leaning a little more towards Memorial Day since that would be after my exam, and most people would be free.
But *shrug* oh well...

Last time, we'd hoped to hold out until 12w but got impatient. :lol: We ended up telling immediate family at 8w. Unfortunately, we ended up announcing on FB later that evening because someone wanted to spread the news for us.

The plan this time is to tell only our parents at 8w after my scan. Everyone else can wait to find out until 12w or whenever the results of our chromosomal testing come in.

I say after the 3month mark cause anything could happen

I had my first scan yesterday at 9 weeks and we are gonna start telling people close to us now. So excited! Since everything was fine with lo yesterday I'm not that worrying anymore :) Our parents already know, but no one else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->