• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when to call it quits

Baby anise, thanks for sharing your story. Its heartbreaking that there's so many of us in the same boat. I think you're very brave to make the decision to stop at Christmas but I also completely understand it. I also feel I need to get on with my life and have booked a holiday to Florida in March to try to focus on my family. I am disappointed this month again and very low but I'm not ready to stop just yet. We will see how I feel this time next year. Good luck to you and all the lovely ladies here xxx

Just reading all your posts ladies and feel for all of you. I'm 36 and ttc our first.

Although I have only been actively ttc for 6 months, we had around a year of ntnp prior to that and I just constantly think "surely if everything was alright I'd have fallen pregnant by now?" But I can't face a visit to the docs yet in case the news is bad. Plus, my OH had a routine visit to the docs a month or so ago and mentioned it and the doc said we wouldn't be investigated until we'd been properly trying for around a year.

Every month I have spells of thinking I'm going to just give up, go back to ntnp and get on with my life! Going through a spell of it today in fact :growlmad:

x

hang in there! it takes the average aged healthy couple about 18 months to try, dont give up next month might be your lucky month!

i would never ever give up
im 38 in november and been ttc for 11 years yes 11 years
had a m/c in may which resulted in a D&c with no anaesthetic
keep going i know its hard but its worth it in the end xxx

I was just going to ask the same thing. Thats quite reassuring though. I think I did read somewhere that if you're aged over 35 the average time is around 20-24 months as you have less than 5% chance each month of conceiving.

:hugs: hun!

my dad had a daughter with his partner when she was 43. So it does happen. Having said that, you do what you need to do, petal!

All the best, Omi xxx

I was just going to ask the same thing. Thats quite reassuring though. I think I did read somewhere that if you're aged over 35 the average time is around 20-24 months as you have less than 5% chance each month of conceiving.

wow,well im not far off lol,maybe it will stillhappen by xmas.:happydance:

Wow, i thought the odds were a little better than that?

So did I! I thought I'd read somewhere that the average for between 35 and 40 years old was 9 months-1year ttc. So I guess I am worrying a bit prematurely as have only been 6 months actively trying yet x

TBH I think the stats vary depending on the source. But I have a couple of fertility books that state the odds of 5% per cycle and then around 20-24 months (given you have only a 1 in 20 chance per cycle) as average for BFP. There's also some stuff on the internet to that effect and I work with some medics who state the same.
Its crap odds but also reassuring for those of us who haven't yet had a BFP in nearly that time.

babyanise.......

how long have you been TTC?
If all is well with you and your OH test wise, have you been diagnosed with unexplained infertility?
Can you have any proceedures for assisted conception? IUI IVF??

wishing you a BFP :hugs:
xxx

babyanise.......

how long have you been TTC?
If all is well with you and your OH test wise, have you been diagnosed with unexplained infertility?
Can you have any proceedures for assisted conception? IUI IVF??

wishing you a BFP :hugs:
xxx

18 months,i wouldnt want ivf,iui,if it wont happen natural then its not ment to be, is how i see it.i have 4 children,so maybe thats all im ment to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->