When to come off the pill?

Bentley2008

Reaction score
Well me and OH getting married in florida 1st oct 2010. At the moment i am having trouble with my periods, in the fact that they will not stop.

I have had 3 rounds of noisterone (sp) to try and get the pill to hold it on its own. I have an appointment next week to be referred to a gynocologist :nope:

We were going to wait until after the wedding to start trying but now that this has happened, im scared that it just wont happen for us.

Do you think that june/july 2010 is an acceptable time to start trying, that way i could still fit in my dress? LOL x

Thats a tricky one, i found that it took me 12 months to concieve after coming off the pill, so i am stearing clear until i have all my babies, but no way you can live with constant periods!!!! so yes i'd probably stay on the pill until you are ready to try. in my case i had been taking it for 10 years so it did take my body a while to flush it out.

I stopped my pill back in august and we plan on starting TTC in Feb, we are getting married in june so have planned it so the maximum we *could* be pregnant at the wedding is 20 weeks, thats if we hit the goal first try

When I was on the pill a few years ago I went off the pill in August month, planning to try conceiving March of the following year (giving it 6 months off the pill to regulate my periods) and I conceived in our first month of trying. This time I am giving myself 3 month off the pill and hope it works just as quickly this time around. I asked my doctor a few months ago how long I should be off the pill before TTC and she told me we could TTC after one month off the pill? I am sure every doctor is different but this is what we were told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->